Deputy Regional Representative ASIA
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
In Asia, Norwegian Red Cross aims to relieve the suffering and save the lives of people affected by armed conflict, protracted crisis and acute disasters. We work in collaboration with Red Cross Red Crescent Movement to assist people affected by ongoing and new crisis.
In Asia, Norwegian Red Cross provides health care and improve community health for the most vulnerable at community level in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Myanmar and North Korea. Moreover, Norwegian Red Cross contributes to regional disaster preparedness and response operations across the region.
The purpose of the Deputy Regional Representative is to coordinate disaster management cooperation and to oversee results-based management of humanitarian programmes in the region, and deputize for the Regional Representative.
We seek a person who;
· is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
· communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
· co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
· builds a useful network of contacts and relationship and utilizes it to achieve objectives
· provides team with a clear sense of direction, inspires and co-ordinates others and keeps them focused on objectives
· develops people through delegation, empowerment and coaching; promotes career and self-development
· Higher education at master level within relevant field
· Experience from implementing humanitarian projects at field level.
· Track record of emergency response deployments an asset
· Advanced knowledge of disaster preparedness and response mechanisms.
· Technical expertise in Health or WASH an asset.
· Fluency in English. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset
· Asia Regional Representative
Position is based in:
· Islamabad, Pakistan, with travels to other countries in the region. The position is qualified as family duty.
· Due to visa restrictions to some of the countries of operations, single passport holders from Pakistan, India and Afghanistan are not encouraged to apply for this position.
· 24 months, possible with extension
Why should you apply?
· Meaningful: Youll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
· Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
· Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
· A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity.
To apply go to