Humanitarian Logistics Associate [ Full-time Paid Internship ]
SAMS is looking for an intern who is passionate about humanitarian and emergency response with a background of supply chain management and logistics. The SGR Humanitarian Logistics Associate will report directly to the Global Response Manager and work closely with Operations team to develop the emergency logistics plan, supply chain system and induction training package for new members of the emergency response team. The aim of this internship is to provide current graduate students and/or recently graduated professionals with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience at a senior level of managing supply chains and logistics to respond to emergencies and disasters. SAMS is aiming for promoting its capacity to respond to emergencies and developing its processes of managing gifts in kinds (GIK) donations, and how to mobilize financial resources effectively and efficiently.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain an understanding of the humanitarian sector and gain an insight into humanitarian logistics in an emergency response.
Under the guidance of the SAMS Global Response Manager and in collaboration with the Operations team, the role will assist in:
● Developing SAMS standard lists of items (medical and non-medical), identify potential suppliers and estimated prices.
● Developing SAMS emergency supply chain system and SOPs for ordering, replenishing and maintaining stokes.
● Collaborating with Operations Unit to improve logistic policies and procedures to be adaptable with emergency responses, including procurement, transportation and distribution, warehousing and stock management;
● Supporting SGR with forecasting the prepositioned stocks and preparedness plans.
● Develops guidelines to ensure procedures that mitigate risks of spoilage, corruption, and insecurity;
● Developing training packages to ensure adequate staff induction and training before any deployment on SGR Mission;
● Liaising with the fundraising team to facilitate GIK donations, stocking, and distribution.
● Analyzing and visualizing country offices’ consumptions and data.
● A graduate student (who require an internship/practicum opportunity as part of their studies), or recently graduated (within one year), in pharmacy, supply chain management, business administration, public health or related fields.
● Fluent in English
● Demonstrates analytical skills and critical sense
● Dynamic and resourceful individual.
● Proven interest in the medical sector and International health.
● Strong Microsoft Excel skills and VBA are crucial.
● Experience in forecasting models.
● Other languages (Arabic, Spanish, French…etc.) is an asset
● Previous experience in humanitarian and emergency response field.
● Previous experience working with medical relief NGOs.
● Familiar with medical supplies and specifications.
Please submit your application by sending a motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org