Programs Associate [Full-time Paid Internship]
SAMS is looking for an intern who is passionate about humanitarian and emergency response. The full-time SGR Programs Associate will assist SGR with long-term medical projects. The aim of this internship is to provide current graduate students and/or recently graduated professionals with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience at a senior level of humanitarian programming, proposal writing, monitoring & evaluation, and reporting in emergencies and disasters. The role will report to the SGR Manager and work closely with the Programs and Grants Department to support the following projects;
1- Provide direct support to program development in Greece, Iraq, Yemen, and elsewhere
2- Assist in proposal writing
3- Prepare budgets, logframes, and other instruments as necessary
4- Design, Implement, and Analyze Monitoring and Evaluation of Existing Programs
5- Proofread and edit fields’ assessment reports
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain an understanding and insight into the programming process of a humanitarian emergency NGO.
• Assist with the design and implementation of medical humanitarian interventions
• Assist with proposal development and reporting as requested
• Assist SGR with trend analysis and monitor projects progress and indicators
• Assist SGR committee with researching new country opportunities
● A graduate student (who require an internship/practicum opportunity as part of their studies), or recently graduated (within one year), in social sciences, business administration, public health or related fields.
● Fluent in English
● Demonstrates analytical skills and critical sense
● Dynamic and resourceful individual.
● Knowledge of humanitarian programming
● Previous field experience working with medical relief NGOs
● Other languages (Arabic, Spanish, French…etc.) is an asset
● Previous experience in humanitarian and emergency response field.
● Previous experience designing and implementing programs
● Research and statistical analysis experience.
Interested applicants should submit their motivation letter and resume to email@example.com