SGR Human Resources and Emergency Roster Associate
SAMS is looking for an intern who is passionate about humanitarian and emergency response with a background of designing human resources and development plans. The SGR Emergency Roster Associate will report to the Global Response Manager and work closely with Programs Officers and Coordinators to support SAMS programs, develop SAMS Emergency Roster Management plan and establish recruitment processes, deployment processes and induction training packages. The aim of this internship is provide current graduate students and/or recently graduated professionals with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience at senior levels of managing human resources to respond to emergencies and disasters. SAMS is aiming for maintaining a pool of professionals matching the SGR needs and ready for deployment with short notice.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain an understanding of the humanitarian sector and gain an insight into humanitarian volunteers’ management systems in an emergency response.
Under the guidance of the SAMS Global Response Manager and in collaboration with Medial Missions team, the role will assist in:
● Providing human resources in support of Global Response Division programs, including recruitment, hiring, payroll, and onboarding;
● Developing SAMS Emergency Roster structure, processes and management system;
● Drafting the generic job description of each specialty within the Emergency Roster pools;
● Lunching the recruitment process using the organizational platforms, analyzing incumbents’ profiles, long listing, short listing, interviews, background checks and enrollment.
● Analyzing SAMS volunteers databases according to their profiles and availability to meet future deployment needs and emergencies;
● Creating a roster of non-medical support staff for SGR missions;
● Carrying out statistical analysis of the pool, as well as its potential new members in order to ensure that the pool matches operational requirements in the short and longer term;
● Developing proper communication lines to keep updated information about volunteers’ availability and qualifications;
● Developing pool reporting tools;
● Developing training packages to ensure adequate staff induction and training before any deployment on SGR Mission;
● Developing procedures ensuring volunteers’ debriefing at the end of each deployment;
● Ensuring regular communication with the pool to get informed about vacancies and programs;
● Other broadening tasks as assigned, including support to program financial and administrative requirements.
● Graduate student (who require an internship/practicum opportunity as part of their studies), or recently graduates (within one year), in public administration, business administration, public health, or related fields.
● Fluent in English
● Demonstrates analytical skills and critical sense
● Proven interest in humanitarian sector
● Other languages (Arabic, Spanish, French…etc.) is an asset
● Previous experience in human resources management.
● Previous experience in humanitarian and emergency response field.
● Previous experience working with non-profit organizations.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org