Deputy Chief of Party
POSITION TITLE: Deputy Chief of Party
LOCATION: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Winrock is seeking Deputy Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated biodiversity project in Papua New Guinea. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Provide overall administrative oversight to achieve project results;
- Manage financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget management;
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to project-staff, partners, subcontractors, and short-term consultants to ensure effective project implementation across deliverables;
- Administer the project's financial oversight procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and donor regulations;
- Identify and mitigate project risk;
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with the donor and other stakeholders;
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals;
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office;
- Manage relationships with complementary donor projects;
- Represent Winrock at external meetings and events as required and keep Winrock home office informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
Advanced degree required in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Policy, Governance, or relevant fields of study related to the project. Minimum 10 years of professional experience in similar position in fields related to results and objectives of the project required for the successful implementation of this project, natural resource management, agroforestry, agriculture, community development, and governance, as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in these sectors.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context and managerial experience in Papua New Guinea is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of USAID and other donor policies and procedures as related to project management highly desirable.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to effectively coordinate stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
Papua New Guinea nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through Winrock International's career site by submitting their CV and cover letter to https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2231970.