Market Systems and Entrepreneurship Specialist
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Specialist, Market Systems & Entrepreneurship. The Specialist will develop programming that expands Habitat's work with housing market systems in the Philippines. The position entails working with market actors, government, low income home owners, external consultants and the regional TCIS team. This position will be based in Cebu, Philippines.
- Supports the housing market systems work in Cebu, identifying and soliciting initiatives from various market actors in the housing value chain, building relationships and supporting facilitation activities to expand accessible, durable housing solutions for low income Filipinos.
- Provides project management on the delivery of housing market systems mapping, value chain and market research, and facilitation activites with private sector firms and other relevant entities. Develops and leads formative research.
- Leads monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) for the project. Utilizes the DCED guidance in MEAL.
- Liases with potential partners such as financial institutions, government agencies, construction companies, materials suppliers, etc.
- Provides technical inputs on various products and services in the housing value chain. Assists in technical/commercial feasibility of various proposals, utlizing the business model canvas, to structure initiatives with housing market actors to address constraints in the housing market.
- Provides thought leadership and drives learning on disaster resilience and housing market systems in the Philippines. Supports the development of a market systems program that addresses resilience.
- Bachelors degree
- Masters Degree in economics, business, finance, engineering or related field preferred
- MBA is a plus.
- Minimum Years of Related Work Experience Required:
- Five years’ relevant experience in business, social entrepreneurship, international development, housing, finance or similar field -with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects preferred.
- Experience with value chain programs and/or other market-based development approaches is a plus.
- Exposure to construction and affordable housing in disaster prone areas is a plus.
- Exposure to DR3 programming a plus.
- Entrepreneurial. Works well in dynamic environments with limited resources.
- Agile. Prioritizes tasks and redirects work effort in response to new opportunities and changes in priorities.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to develop and manage good relationships between the project, private sector, government and other stakeholders.
- Quality and results oriented. Demonstrated attention to detail, highly organized and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously and within deadline.
- Communication and presentation skills in English (written and oral)
- Ability to converse in Cebuano required.
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to apply via the link: