After School English Teacher in Peru! - Ethical Volunteering
Get excited to teach English at The Light and Leadership Initiative! We are grounded in ethical volunteering and looking for volunteers who want to make a positive impact on the community teaching English. Experience helps, but we have the resources to assist you if you don't have any experience at all! We are looking for volunteer to teach a minimum of 6 weeks starting at the beginning of January 2020 through August 2020
• Are you able and willing to teach in an all English classroom environment?
• Do you enjoy working with kids and/or teens?
• Do you have an interest or experience teaching ESL or general language instruction?
We're searching for a volunteer to join us in either in July and on wards, preferring a minimum stay of 6 weeks.
Goals of the English Program:
• Increase English proficiency, in some cases supplementing what is (or is not) learned in local schools
• Provide students the opportunity to learn from native English speakers
• Teach that learning English can be fun
• Facilitate communication and cultural exchange between our foreign teachers and Peruvian students
• Promote creativity in language learning.
Not available for that time commitment? We are ALWAYS looking for talented and passionate volunteers, no matter their time commitment.
Interested in the position but want to start earlier? Please send in your application as we are always looking for qualified volunteers and have needs right now!
In addition, there are other opportunities to help in our Art, Math, Chess, Reading, and Physical Education programs.
Affordable Program Fees