Chief of party
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID air export program in Afghanistan. The program will support planned investments to modernize major Afghan airports, improve air cargo operations and facilities, and assist in export facilitation initiatives to increase income for Afghan exporters and generate new jobs. It will provide direct technical and in-kind support of leading Afghan exporters and relevant authorities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall program leadership through strategic planning, management, and technical implementation
- In collaboration with the program team, design and make operational an annual work plan formulating annual program activities, deliverables, and budget needs in accordance with the USAID annual planning cycle; assure timely disbursement of funds
- Provide overall technical oversight and supervision of employees and consultants; review and edit reports and deliverables prepared by program staff and short-term consultants before submission to the USAID contracting officer’s representative
- Ensure quality control program activities, including making any needed adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID and the Afghanistan government
- Coordinate efforts on data collection, monitoring, report generation, and evaluation
- Advanced degree in macroeconomics, international trade, or other relevant fields
- Extensive experience with export processing or special economic zone establishment and operations preferred
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in developing and transitioning economies, including managing and implementing large projects in export promotion, trade facilitation, private sector engagement, policy development, business enabling environment, and economic growth and investment, particularly in Afghanistan, the region, or post-conflict countries
- Minimum five years of experience as a senior manager or a team leader; experience with a donor-funded program of similar scope and complexity preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please send an electronic version of your CV and cover letter attached, with “AEP Chief of Party” in the subject line, to AEPZ@chemonics.com no later than Friday, December 7, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.