USAID/OTI Learning Assistant (6 months)
Macfadden is seeking a temporary Learning Assistant to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Washington, DC. This position supports a fast-paced, dynamic office. Working with OTI Applied Best Practices and Coordination (ABC) Team, the Learning Assistant contributes to learning, support and guidance for OTI staff and partners to help ensure the successful implementation of OTI program activities in the field.
The work of the Learning Assistant requires teamwork, the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility. As a member of a fast-paced office, the successful candidate is willing and able to perform a wide range of training and administrative functions to help ensure programmatic success. The successful candidate has a high level of integrity and attention to detail to ensure the use of OTI processes, procedures and systems to maintain effective and efficient management of funds, programming, and monitoring and evaluation. The successful candidate is flexible and willing to work under conditions of ongoing change, and remains professional and respectful of colleagues and authority in a diverse workforce. She or he places a premium on the building of positive relationships with his or her respective team both in the field and in Washington, and with key stakeholders both in and outside of USAID. The successful candidate is able to prioritize and complete tasks without follow-up by the supervisor, while also filling in gaps as needed to ensure the responsiveness of the team. The Learning Assistant is a strategic thinker, articulates innovative ideas, presents solutions, and is a positive role model for colleagues both in and outside of OTI.
Working directly with the DCHA/OTI Applied Best Practices and Coordination (ABC) Learning Portfolio Lead, the Learning Assistant will perform the following duties:
Note: Duties and responsibilities are listed in order of importance for this position
- With direction, maintain guidance, tools and processes required for learning. Log and maintain staff training records, to include tracking required trainings; assisting with training record requests, and providing training reports.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for ABC training and learning initiatives and events, assist with training room set-up, clean-up; print and copy training materials; assist with training activities and ice-breakers; draft training notes; coordinate training refreshments;
- Coordinate with OTI’s Human Capital and Talent Management Team on office training priorities and the onboarding, transitioning and exiting processes for all OTI USPSC staff.
- Collect, curate and disseminate learning and training offerings and resources from OTI, USAID, and external organizations. Maintain OTI Training page and Learning Portal on OTI Anywhere, to include material updates and FAQs;
- Provide general administrative support for the supervisor and program-funded staff such as: scheduling and facilitating meetings; drafting meeting minutes; tracking and ensuring action items are completed;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- At least 1 year of work experience preferably including experience supporting adult training services, such as training program development and planning, logistical coordination or professional development planning especially in the areas relating to international assistance
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.