PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Indonesian Nationality)
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidate to fill the following position:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (INDONESIAN NATIONALITY)
Date of issue : 07-11-2018
Closing date : 21-11-2018
Duty station : Palu
Country : INDONESIA
Contract Duration : 6 (six) months
Category of Staff : National Staff
The Procurement Officer – under immediate supervision of the procurement delegate is responsible for supporting IFRC procurement, transport services tasks relating to IFRC programmes and operations.
- Participate and conduct in the field level procurement of goods and services, obtaining quotations, preparing comparative bid analyses (CBA) and making recommendations for selecting the suitable suppliers/service providers.
- Assists the procurement delegate with planning and coordination of delivery of procurement services for the success of the operation.
- Maintain documentation according to IFRC filing standards to full audit trail standards and provide advice/negotiate contracts for goods and services required by the operation.
- With proper authorization, support purchase goods or services and arrange their delivery in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Support liaising with suppliers, service providers and other relevant stakeholders regarding delivery of supplies or services and keep all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate supplier database for regularly purchased items, keep informed of local market conditions and establish/maintain good working relations with suppliers and inspection companies.
- To ensure that all purchased goods meet IFRC standards, are fit for the intended purpose and have appropriate inspection certificates when required.
- Support proper inspection of items and follow up on quality aspects as required.
- Support planning of transportation requirements of the Field Office, maintain use of transportation management system for the vehicles used for programs and assist in planning best use of vehicles.
- Support organizing of temporary, local labour to facilitate the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods to and from the warehouses.
- Provide weekly/monthly procurement reports.
- Maintain communications with the relevant departments of the Country Office, PMI and Partner National Societies to ensure timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods in support of their operations.
- Educated to graduate degree level and/or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
- Professional qualification or equivalent of qualifying experience in logistics
- 3 years of experience in procurement
- Experience in supervising and supporting staff or labourers
Knowledge, skills and languages
Advanced skills in computers (Windows, word processing, spread sheets, etc.); Able to work independently and as part of the team; Exceptional level of patience and able to work long hours; Strong negotiation skills; Ability to detect and resist potential fraud; Documentation preparation and filing skills; Ability to deliver unfavourable news to unsuccessful suppliers/providers; Fluently spoken and written English.
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork;
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: PROCUREMENT OFFICER