Support Services Manager
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
UNOPS Pakistan (Project Office) is part of the Nepal Multi Country Office in the Asia Region. With a steady growth of the project portfolio in the recent years and a new strategic direction, UNOPS Pakistan is looking to consolidate and optimize the support services provided at the Project Office level, to enable sustainable portfolio growth, as well as efficiency and quality of its delivery.
The Support Services Manager reports to the Pakistan Country Manager and leads and guides the Support Services Team in the Pakistan Project Office, fosters collaboration within the team as well as the client-oriented approach. The Support Services Manager works in close collaboration with the project teams, partnerships team and PMO in Pakistan, Head of Support Services for the Nepal Multi Country Office, UNOPS HQ personnel as well as the relevant UNOPS partners - to successfully deliver operations services.
The Support Services Manager acts as an advisor to Senior Management on all aspects of the Pakistan Project Office management and operations. This includes strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, ICT, transportation and vehicle management, administration and security, in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the right support is in place for current and upcoming projects, balancing operational and project priorities, whilst ensuring effective, efficient and consistent support service provision across the project portfolio and internally.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Operations management
- Project planning and coordination support
- Procurement and logistics
- Financial management
- Human Resources Management
- Administration and Information Technology
- Knowledge Management
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Support Services Manager for the Project Office directly impact on the development and performance of the projects, visibility and image of the UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and consequently strengthen its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country served.
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16697
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, HR or related field.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in operations management.
- Some experience in the UN system organisations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English required. Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
- Application Deadline: 19-Nov-2018
- Please visit the online vacancy to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16697
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.