As a Nutrition adviser will provide technical advice to the Regional Health Management Team (RHMT), Council Health Management Teams (CHMT’s) Nutrition Committees at the regional and district levels and health care workers on how improve individual behavior and household practices, promotion of collective actions in communities and creating enabling environment for good nutrition outcomes.
The volunteer will focus on developing sustainable nutrition interventions which involve social behavioral change and communication (SBCC) approach in health facilities and the community.
Possible placement locations in Africa & Asia: (up coming location- Tanzania)
Skills, qualifications and experience
A degree in Nutrition, Masters is added advantage.
* Experience of working in nutrition in developing countries.
* Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
* Teamwork, with the ability to work collaboratively in diverse groups.
* Ability to work in an institutional environment, hospital and health facility settings and in the community
* Experience and knowledge in Nutrion and general health.
* Proven coaching and mentoring skills
* Effective communications skills (report writing, verbally