Head of Mission - Sierra Leone
Solthis is an international NGO which aims at improving access to care for people in limited-resources settings. Its action is based on three modes of intervention: Health Systems Strengthening, operational Research and Advocacy.
Under the supervision of the Program Director based in HQ, the Head of Mission contributes to the definition of the strategy of Solthis in Sierra Leone.
She / he is responsible for the development of new programs thanks to his/her analysis of the context, for needs and for opportunities of financing as well as for the good management of the current projects. He/She plays an important role of representation and makes sure of the visibility of Solthis in the country. Finally, he/she is responsible for the good administrative and financial management of the mission.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Program Coordination
· Annual programming of the activities based on identified needs
· Financial follow up : budget drafting and monitoring with the Administrative and Financial Manager, accounting control
· Coordination and supervision of the activities implementation
· Preparation and coordination of monthly and annual activity reports
- Development of the program
· Evaluation of the potential funders and identification of the calls for proposal which correspond to the fields of activity of Solthis
· Negotiation of the future programs with the partners and funders
· Preparation of applications/reports for funders
- Institutional representation to the authorities and others actors (NGO, funders, embassies, development agencies)
The Head of Mission is the legal responsible and the representative of Solthis in Sierra Leone
· Public relations with national and local authorities and international agencies
· Monitoring framework and administrative agreements allowing work and travels
- Staff Management
· Management and monitoring the team
· Briefings and integration of new members
· Facilitation of the team
The Head of Mission is the person in charge of the team security; in relation with Headquarters managers
· Monitoring of the political and humanitarian situation in Sierra Leone (information gathering and mutual analysis with the rest of the team and partners, participation in meetings)
· Risk assessment
· Updating security plans and communication
· Security briefings
Master in social sciences, political science, or development, Public health training appreciated
A minimum of 3 years of experience in projects coordination
Experience in management of intuitional financing
At least an experience as Head of Mission
An experience in projects coordination in health is an asset
Ability to analyse, summarise information and writing
Good communicator and diplomatic
Management, facilitation of teams
- Management of IT tools, in particular the usual software (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook…)
- Driving license
- Location : Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Contract duration : 1 year, renewable
- Starting date : February 2019
- Salary and benefits: salary according to professional experience (2200 - 2500€/month) & retirement pension + package (medical and repatriation insurance, transport, individual accommodation, monthly living allowance), 33 days of paid leave per year.
Please send your application in English (CV, cover letter, references, dates of availability) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference “Head of Mission SL”, by January 25th, 2019.
This is a republication. If you applied already, please do not do it again.
Solthis reserves the right to close any vacancy before the advertised deadline. Thank you for your understanding.