Erasmus Plus Virtual Exchange (EVE) Project Assistant - Belgium
The role of the Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange (EVE) Project Assistant is to support the EVE Project Manager in coordinating the implementation of the EVE project, in collaboration with the EVE consortium partners, subcontractors, and Search’s internal teams. S/he will contribute to ensuring effective planning, task coordination, and communication between consortium partners, subcontractors, and Search’s internal teams. S/he will play an active role in organizing outreach and promotional events in Europe and the MENA region in collaboration with consortium partners, as well as in reporting to the donor on project progress.
The EVE Project Assistant will play a key supporting role in the EVE consortium. S/he will be an active team member, contributing to the effective achievement of results while maintaining a positive and collaborative spirit.
Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange is part of the Erasmus+ programme, providing an accessible, ground-breaking way for young people to engage in intercultural learning. Working with Youth Organisations and Universities, the project is open to any young person aged 18-30 residing in Europe and the Southern Mediterranean.
Through a range of activities, Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange aims to expand the reach and scope of the Erasmus+ programme through Virtual Exchanges, which are technology-enabled people-to-people dialogues sustained over a period of time. This flagship programme is established under a contract with the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency, financed by the European Union’s budget, and it is implemented by a consortium led by Search for Common Ground. https://europa.eu/youth/erasmusvirtual
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Contributing to ensuring effective planning and task coordination between consortium partners, subcontractors, and Search’s internal teams.
- Organizing and attending meetings with consortium partners and the donor, taking notes and ensuring proper follow-up on action items identified.
- Contributing to conducting outreach for the project, in particular by liaising with Search’s country teams in the MENA region and its internal networks.
- Ensuring strong intra-consortium communication, identifying gaps and taking action to improve communication systems as required.
- Supporting the production of quality donor reporting, including through assembling input from consortium partners, English language drafting of sections, proofreading, and ensuring professional formatting.
- Managing the overall calendar of project events/activities.
- Performing regular administrative and financial tasks as required, including supporting procurement processes, coordinating service providers, and managing disbursements to consortium partners and service providers.
- Contributing to the organization of events to promote Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange in Europe and the MENA region, including by ensuring coordination, communication, logistical support, and proper follow-up.
- Providing support in the compilation and management of data relating to the project.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in education, international relations, conflict studies, development studies, political science, or other relevant subject.
- Excellent coordination skills, with experience working with teams and partners across countries and time zones.
- Strong writing, presentation, research, and communication skills.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and highly organized, with an ability to multitask.
- Reliable and accountable, with the ability to take responsibility and work independently.
- Solution-oriented and capable of working to tight deadlines while maintaining a positive approach.
- Full computer literacy, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel) and Google applications. Experience with digital platforms and social media highly desirable.
- Dexterity in utilising project management tools and software desirable.
- Experience working with budgets considered an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Desirable: French and/or Arabic.
- Preferably 2 years of experience in project management, communication, and/or events coordination in an international, multicultural business environment.
- Experience in the fields of virtual exchange, peacebuilding, intercultural learning, education and/or youth. (Desirable)
- Experience working with/in South Mediterranean countries. (Desirable)
- Experience working closely with the European Commission. (Desirable)