Strategic Learning Lead, Burkina Faso
Strategic Learning Lead
We are currently seeking a Strategic Learning Lead for ACDI/VOCA's recently awarded Development Food Security Activity in Burkina Faso. The activity will aim to increase food security in the most vulnerable households in 11 Communes of Centre-Nord, Burkina Faso. To achieve this, the ACDI/VOCA team will ensure the implementation of interventions designed to increase incomes, ensure access to nutritious food year-round, improve household nutrition and hygiene practices, and strengthen governance in communities affected by shocks and stresses. The Strategic Learning Lead will work closely with both technical units and M&E staff to ensure coordination, collaboration and learning across all interventions and sectors.
- Ensure the activity team includes active, intentional, and adaptive learning exercises within and across its multi-sectoral activities.
- Ensure robust stakeholder coordination by activity staff with entities including local partners, US government entities, host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations and private sector investments.
- Improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Collaborate closely with the M&E Senior Advisor to ensure quality control, provide input into the development of the PMP, and alignment between performance monitoring efforts and the strategic information needs of the project and the donor.
- Oversee, and as needed develop and implement the knowledge management and communications functions of the project, ensuring overall quality control and responsiveness of these efforts to the technical teams' needs, and facilitating integration of these efforts throughout the project.
- Work closely with project leaders and partners to plan, design, and or/manage specific CLA strategies and activities, such as supporting incorporation of technical, contextual and experiential learning into technical strategies, interventions, and processes.
- Leverage a mix of informational sources and research methods – project M&E data, observations from staff and partners, primary and secondary market research - to (i) analyze project progress towards goals and learning objectives, (ii) communicate those findings externally (e.g. to donor, external partners) and internally (e.g. to project staff), and (iii) develop a learning agenda for all the project and apply that learning into improved work planning and project activities.
Participate in regular senior management planning meetings and recommend how activities should be adapted to incorporate learnings across associate awards.
- Advanced Degree (Master's or Ph.D) required in respective technical field and at least 5 years of relevant experience in knowledge management, communications, M&E, organizational learning and/or strategic learning in an international development context.
- Familiarity with the concept of adaptive management/CLA, and demonstrated experience using a mix of informational sources and research methods to analyze progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and apply learning to work planning.
- Experience providing leadership, supervising staff, managing multiple complex project components, and convening people across technical teams to build consensus and achieve an outcome.
- Experience contributing to the design and implementation of a development activity's strategic communications strategy required.
- Superior, demonstrated writing, reporting, and oral presentation skills in French (ability to provide an original writing sample required).
- High level of English proficiency preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.