Head of Support
Do you want to be our next Head of Support in Afghanistan?
Are you a strategic thinker with a proven track record of ensuring efficient support (finance, HR, Admin, logistics and ICT) to large programme operations?
We are now seeking an experienced Head of Support to provide overall leadership, management and strategic direction to NRC’s support function (finance, HR, Admin, logistics and ICT) in Afghanistan. Someone able to ensure all support functions are delivering high quality performance to support programme implementation. An individual who can think “out of the box” and offer context-specific solutions. Someone who can build trust and empower national staff while ensuring compliance to NRC policies, guidelines and handbooks.
Read below for more information about the position:
NRC in Afghanistan
Afghanistan remains a protracted and complex emergency. Conflict-induced displacement and recurrent natural disasters occur at the same time as ongoing return of Afghan refugees from Pakistan and Iran. The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) established operations in Afghanistan in 2003. We respond across Afghanistan, including in hard-to-access provinces, by providing Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance, Education, Shelter, Food & Livelihoods, Camp Management and Emergency programmes. For the past 2 years the NRC Afghanistan programme has grown exponentially. Funding has grown to over 190 million NOK in 2018, with a dedicated team of over 1400 staff, in 5 areas offices and 8 field offices, our operations are spread across Afghanistan reaching highly volatile environments with lifesaving assistance and protection. NRC has been a champion for principled humanitarian action and reaching affected people in hard-to-reach areas. The government, UN agencies, donors and other stakeholders now recognize NRC as one of the most significant and important humanitarian players in Afghanistan.
About the position
The purpose of the Head of Support position is to ensure that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support for programme implementation.
The Head of Support reports to the Country Director and directly line manages the Finance Manager, Logistics Manager, HR Manager and the ICT Coordinator.
- Line management for support managers such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT)
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible to build the skills and strategic vision of the support function managers to think creatively and to develop innovative, cost and time effective support systems.
- Create collaborative and supportive working relationships between support and programme teams in all offices, ensuring respectful communication and timely responses.
- Develop emergency response capacity in support teams to facilitate an effective response to rapid influx, disaster or other displacement.
- Represent NRC with donors, other NGOs and national and local authorities as appropriate.
- Act as the Country Director when requested.
- Supports the development and implementation of the staff nationalization strategy
Download the detailed Job Description at the bottom of this page
For this position, our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Afghanistan is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Experience with supporting operations in Hard to Reach areas
- Knowledge of the context in conflict / post-conflict situations
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusive and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
If you fit into the above profile and want to be a part of a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce and a genuine place of passion responding to global refugee crises we look forward to your application.
What we offer:
- Contract period: 18 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Kabul, Afghanistan
- Grade: 11 (See the NRC Global Job Grade Below)
- Travel: 40% to field offices in Afghanistan
This is an unaccompanied post/ non-family duty station, with shared housing/ accommodation of moderate standard. Due to the unstable security situation, recreational and social facilities are limited. All international staff working and residing in Afghanistan are obliged to pay income tax to the Afghanistan authorities.
An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start. Selected candidate need to provide certified University diplomas prior to applying for a visa to Afghanistan.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location