Sierra Leone, Sudan
TYPE OF CONTRACT
Fixed-term contract (6 months)
Specialisation in Hospital Pharmacy; experience in the management of pharmaceutical supplies, consumables and other medical materials for hospitals and/or health centres
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The international Hospital Pharmacist carries out his/her role in close collaboration with the most experienced members of the local health care and technical staff in each department, so as to constantly monitor the needs of the hospital and facilitate the regular functioning of clinical, therapeutic and welfare activities. He/she will be in regular communication with the Medical Procurement Office and the Medical Division of EMERGENCY in Italy (HQ).
The international pharmacist reports to the Medical Coordinator, who is responsible for the management and organisation of the project.
The main area of work is:
- HOSPITAL PHARMACY
The pharmacist is present in the hospital 6 days a week. He/she will have information technology systems at your disposal, and the support of the international logistics staff. He/she will coordinate the national staff (pharmacists and stores assistants) in the correct receipt, storage, conservation and distribution of pharmacy materials.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
All EMERGENCY international personnel are expected to know and follow the hospital admissions criteria, guidelines, protocols, and the diagnosis and treatment standards in use in the Centre, and to ensure the correct compilation of clinical records and statistics in both computer and paper formats.
The main duties and responsibilities of the hospital pharmacist are:
- to manage the purchases in Italy or in the field (costs and quality evaluation, comparative analysis of similar products, selection of new products to insert in the handbook with the support of EMERGENCY’s Medical Division; storage and distribution to guarantee the traceability of the items);
- to monitor the usage (of medical supplies, consumables or reagent) once received the request from a department, evaluating the consumption and the adherence to protocols in use;
- to cooperate with the coordinators of the Paediatric Centres and/or First Aid Posts, connected with the hospital for the efficient planning and management of pharmaceuticals and medical materials in use;
- to cooperate with the logistic area in the acquisition of products coming from Italy;
- to monitor the purchase (budget definition and monitoring);
- to monitor the safety in quality of drug control responsible.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technology (CPT) and specialization in Hospital Pharmacy or equivalent (Pharmacology);
- experience in the management of pharmaceutical supplies, consumables and other medical materials for hospitals and/or health centres;
- experience in the use of relevant management software;
- good organisational and logistical skills;
- for Sudan, experience in Cardiac Surgery departments/centres would be an advantage.