Creative Associates International (Creative) seeks to recruit a Program Manager to help support a multi-million-dollar project in Syria. The Program Manager will work in close collaboration with the team inside Syria and in Berlin to design and develop project activities to further essential services in Eastern Syria. This role will be responsible for the timely development and technical implementation of all field activities with the main partners and in accordance with project documents, an approved budget, and in conformity with Creative’s rules and procedures.
The Program Manager will be based in Berlin, Germany. The Program Manager will report to the Team Lead and work closely with the Berlin based Program Team and Syria field team. The Program Manager may supervise up to two (2) staff. Please note this position is contingent on donor funding.
- Ensure project quality and performance, and track performance of deliverables against project timelines, budgets and objectives;
- In collaboration with project beneficiaries and program team, manage the strategic design and development of project activities focusing on essential service provision in eastern Syria;
- Draft activity approval forms for Team Lead review prior to submission to Senior Management for client approval;
- Support Implementation Team in the design of milestone deliverables for project activities and provide technical review and concurrence of milestone completion after activity award;
- Provide day to day technical oversight of activity portfolio of up to twenty (20) activities to ensure effective programmatic delivery that meets the objectives of each activity.
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting coordinating with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure project specific objectives are met;
- Coordinate with procurement and operations team, as needed, to ensure effective project design and development of activities;
- Management of up to two (2) staff in the Berlin office; Mentor up to five field staff to facilitate technical delivery of projects inside eastern Syria; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, required in relevant field; relevant Master’s degree preferred;
- At least four (4) years’ experience of international professional experience in public outreach, civil society, or local governance; over five (5) years’ experience desired for manager level position;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in designing components programming under donor regulations, preferably with the United States Government (USG);
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional conflict and political dynamics with a focus on the Syrian context strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working on USG funded development/stabilization programming strongly preferred;
- Previous management experience;
- Fluency in Arabic language required. Proficiency in English language required; and
- Authorization to legally work in Germany.
Please submit a CV of no more than 3 pages maximum to email@example.com, with the title of “Program Manager” in the subject; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; any relocation and costs to Berlin for this position will be the responsibility of the selected candidate; German nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Deadline for applications in October 22, 2018.