Creative Associates International (Creative) seeks to recruit a Program Officer to help support a multi-million-dollar project in Syria. The Program Officer will work in close collaboration with the team inside Syria and in Berlin to assist in designing and developing project activities to further essential services in Eastern Syria. The Officer will assist with the development and technical implementation of field activities together with the main partners. This work will be done in accordance with Creative’s rules and procedures and within the budget allocated by the client.
The Program Officer will be based in Berlin, Germany. The Program Officer will report to the Program Manager and work closely with the Berlin based Program Team and the Syria field team. The Program Officer will supervise no staff. Please note this position is contingent on donor funding.
- In collaboration with project beneficiaries and program team, assist in the strategic design and development of project activities focusing on essential service provision in eastern Syria;
- Assist in drafting activity approval forms for Program Manager review prior to submission to Senior Management for client approval;
- Support Implementation Team in the design of milestone deliverables for project activities and provide technical review and concurrence of milestone completion after activity award;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, provide day to day technical oversight of activity portfolio of up to ten (10) activities, as needed, to ensure effective programmatic delivery that meets the objectives of each activity;
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting coordinating with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure project specific objectives are met;
- Coordinate with procurement and operations team, as needed, to ensure effective project design and development of activities;
- Mentor up to five field staff to facilitate technical delivery of projects inside eastern Syria; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, required in relevant field;
- At least two (2) years’ experience of international professional experience in public outreach, civil society, or local governance;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in designing components programming under donor regulations, preferably with the United States Government (USG);
- Experience in working on USG funded development/stabilization programming strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional conflict and political dynamics with a focus on the Syrian context strongly preferred;
- Fluency in Arabic language required. Proficiency in English language required; and
- Authorization to legally work in Germany.
Please submit a CV of no more than 3 pages maximum to email@example.com, with the title of “Program Officer” in the subject; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; any relocation and costs to Berlin for this position will be the responsibility of the selected candidate; German nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Deadline for applications in October 22, 2018.