A LOGISTICS COORDINATOR - SIERRA LEONE
Context: Sierra Leone, based in Freetown
Action Against Hunger started working in both Liberia and Sierra Leone during 1991 and since then has responded to the humanitarian and long term development needs of various communities in both countries in order to contribute to the Strengthening of Health System through cross sectoral and integrated programs.
A five year country strategy (2016-20) for both countries is in place focusing on addressing the underlying causes of under nutrition, at different levels, that will contribute to a strengthened health systems and will also increase communities capacities and resilience to cope with and respond to future shocks.
Since January 2018, the mission in Sierra Leone, has also taken over the management of Liberia mission - meaning that there is only one management structure for both countries.
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation starting December 15th
The position: Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will be responsible to secure sound logistical performance and coordination at mission level in order to provide programs with optimum support for Sierra Leone and Liberia countries. More precisely, you will be in charge to:
Develop logistics strategy for the missions
Elaborate logistics data available to other departments to facilitate the establishment of the country strategies
Produce high quality and timely logistics contributions to "proposals" and reports for funding bodies
The applicant: You hold a bachelor degree in logistics. You have a previous experience or a contextual understanding/knowledge of Liberia and Sierra Leone. You are recognized for your interpersonal skills and your capacity to represent your organisation in external meetings. You have the ability to negotiate among vendors and other stakeholders. You also demonstrate a strong experience in team management and capacity building. You have the ability to create an environment, which encourages team-work and motivates a team across various geographical areas. You demonstrate experience in building a strong and effective team including members of diverse technical areas, skill levels and backgrounds.
Excellent report and writing skills. You speak and write English fluently.
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation. This is a null time and un-accompanied position based in Freetown, Sierra Leone with travelling to the operational areas in both Sierra Leone and Liberia.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 1 805 € to 2 305 € upon experience.
- + Per diem and living allowance: 369 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 2 months)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.