Program Specialist, USAID/OAPA Pakistan Desk
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking a Program Specialist to provide support to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA) on the Pakistan Desk. OAPA was established to support USAID programs in Afghanistan and Pakistan and to represent USAID in inter-agency committees, to the public, in Congress, and to other governments and partners. Dexis provides management, technical, and administrative services to OAPA. This is a full-time position starting immediately.
The Program Specialist will provide and coordinate the provisions of technical guidance and consultation related support to the Pakistan Desk. Responsibilities may include:
- Research, identify, analyze, update, prepare, develop, coordinate, organize, and review technical updates of the following tasks: project/program tracking, data analysis and documentation.
- Provide backstop and field support, general administration; technical program support through assisting in the development of communication products to include talking points, press releases and other related communication tools.
- Develop social media toolkits and support social media engagement.
- Assist team members in the preparation for congressional hearings and meetings.
- Collaborate with the OAPA Mission Development Outreach and Communication (DOC) teams to identify new stories for USAID publication and social media.
- Assist in the preparation and editing of briefing materials and responses to congressional inquiries. Work in coordination with Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs as requested.
- Direct and coordinate budgeting activities including budget formulation, monitoring, presentation, and review operating budgets and models for accuracy and completeness in order to periodically analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Direct compilation of data used to prepare budgets and justify fund requests, and advise senior leaders and managers on the execution of operating and program funding.
- Coordinate appropriations for a wide range of programs while balancing the need for emergency or contingency operations.
- Assist in the comparison of actual budgeted results at the end of each reporting period, and reports on significant variances as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of directly related professional experience, or Bachelor degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of directly related professional experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail applications (Google/Outlook) is required.
- Experience with project management and/or international development, administrative and financial procedures.
- Experience using database applications and other trackers to organize data preferred.
- Previous USAID experience preferred.
- Active security clearance required.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed