Administrative Assistant, Asia Bureau
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Asia Bureau. This position will be in Washington, D.C. The start date is September 10, 2018. This is a temporary position, not to exceed 1 year.
- Perform secretarial and administrative functions as needed, to include maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, maintaining files, handling mail and correspondence, program document preparation, presentations and preparing all travel-related documentation and making travel arrangements for staff as assigned.
- Plan and coordinate the administrative work of the front office; coordinate correspondence with the Offices in the Asia Bureau and Missions when necessary.
- Set up conference calls with the Asia Bureau Missions, Offices and Regional Platform, as necessary
- Manage control over the Executive staff safe and all documents inside the safe.
- Maintain supplies for the front office; proactively coordinate with the Administrative Management Staff (AMS) to restocking items that may be in short supply or out of stock.
- Ensure all time cards are processed on time.
- Work with the AMS Office to ensure IT equipment is functioning properly or updated as needed.
- Support USAID coordination efforts with other donors, NGOs, civil society groups, government officials, and other actors as needed.
- Provide technical and program related conference and event planning as needed.
- Coordinate with the AMS staff as logistical backstop for establishing meeting schedules, securing work space, arranging electronic support, and related items for senior level staff.
- Provide records maintenance and other duties as assigned related to area(s) of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, (e.g., international development/relations, public administration) and 3-4 years of professional experience required, OR Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and 5-6 years of professional experience.
- Experience with E2 Solutions travel management tool required.
- Active secret-level security clearance required.
- Experience and high proficiency with office technology and software (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred).
- Knowledge of USAID and/or U.S. Government administrative procedures preferred.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.