Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Position Summary The USAID-funded Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) is a global project that aims to: 1) increase performance and productivity of the health workforce, 2) increase the number, composition of skills, and competence of health personnel, 3) strengthen HRH and Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) leadership and governance capacity, and 4) increase the sustainability of investments in health personnel. The partners of the HRH2030 consortium include: Palladium, URC, Thinkwell, AIHA, AMREF, and Open Development.
HRH2030 in Senegal provides technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Social Action (MSAS), the Human Resource Department (DRH) to operationalize health policy for a responsive health workforce and advance the use of information systems for HRH. The iHRIS Expert will provide capacity building support to the DRH and other health staff to maintain and use the iHRIS database for health program decision making, in collaboration with other key stakeholders. HRH2030 DDU Advisor (in-country) and programming experts (headquarters) will provide technical support where necessary.
The position is an annual fixed-term contract, renewable depending on performance, project priorities and availability of funding. The iHRIS Expert will be part of the Chemonics-led HRH2030 Senegal team, and on a day-to-day basis report to the HRH2030 Senegal Project Director, while being supported and managed by Palladium's US-based staff.
- Co-lead HRH2030 Senegal activities in the area of iHRIS and DDU, working closely with the DDU Advisor, Project Director, technical team, and government counterparts;
- Provide technical assistance to MSAS, and DRH to develop training curriculum and train National Master Trainers, Regional and District level MSAS authorities to promote the use of iHRIS data for decision making effectively;
- Strengthen existing iHRIS utilization guidance to harmonize with government human resource policies such as the Mobility Guide;
- Co-facilitate efforts to review specifications to enhance iHRIS analytic capacity including socio-professional categories and health facilities; support the design of reports & visualizations;
- Regularly assess functionality of iHRIS software functions in collaboration with DRH iHRIS administrators, MSAS cellule informatics team to resolve bugs & develop enhancements as needed;
- Lead iHRIS Administrators training on front end and back end aspects of configuration as well as basic concepts related to server administration through workshops and sustained mentorship;
- Engage with other implementing partners in sub-national capacity building efforts;
- Provide updates to the HRH2030 team on work progress and contribute to activity reporting and success stories as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with academic specialization in information technology, computer science or systems, or statistics;
- Master's degree with an academic concentration in information systems, computer science, public health, biostatisitcs or a related field strongly preferred;
- Experience with information systems, specifically iHRIS, essential;
- Experience with delivering trainings and mentoring with demonstrable success in strengthening capacity in others;
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and networking skills, ability to work well with senior government counterparts, consultants, and within a cross-cultural and virtual team;
Bilingual (written and spoken) in French and English essential.
Application Instructions: Qualified, interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV), outlining experience in the relevant areas, via email to HRH2030@thepalladiumgroup.com. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=SmFjcXVlbGluZS5VcmlvLjU1NDUwLjM4MzBAcGFsbG...