Director, Shared Services - Liberia HSS
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is seeking a Director, Shared Services who will be responsible for overseeing and directing the operations and administration of the Project, including finance, human resources, procurement, transport and security, and general office management. This individual supervises the operations and administrative staff and works closely with Finance, Human Resources and Programs staff to accomplish project objectives. This individual will report to the Chief of Party of the project.
This position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium Group.
- Establish, oversee and coordinate all operations, HR and financial management support to the project including project policies and procedures to guide the work of project staff and management
- Supervise and support the operations manager to ensure the operations department follows Palladium and donor procedures and regulations and sound practices in procurement, logistics, travel and office administration
- Supervise the finance manager and ensures that all financial processes and transactions follow organizational policies and standards; oversee and approve budget development, projections, financial planning, and monthly cash forecasting and requests
- Supervise and support the human resource manager to ensure the HR department follows Palladium and donor procedures and regulations and sound practices in hiring and supporting project staff including benefits, allowances, leave, performance, etc.
- Oversee and assist with liaising with relevant ministries regarding registration, organizational reporting, visas, taxes, etc.
- Maintains regular communication with the senior management team providing relevant and timely information for planning and decision-making purposes and allocation of resources to support the project
- Produce accurate and timely operational updates and reports as required for internal management, the headquarters office, and international donors, as appropriate and requested
- Oversee vetting and management processes for local subcontractors and vendors ensuring approvals, tracking, etc.
- Supervise and interface with transport and security; work closely with Risk Management and HQ Security related operational issues and security updates. Recommends and oversee security strategies, measures, and improvements
- Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures
- Performs other administrative duties, as needed and requested * Bachelor's degree with 10 - 12 years of experience or Masters degree with 7 - 9 years of experience in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- Significant experience with USG and USAID financial procedures, rules, and regulations
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects in Africa is preferred
- Familiarity or experience with Liberia health system is a plus
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Must be willing to live and travel within Liberia
- Fluency in English required
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=SmFjcXVlbGluZS5VcmlvLjk4NzQzLjM4MzBAcGFsbG...