MEAL Officer (m/f) Bonn, Germany
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
MEAL Officer (m/f)
The postition is to be filled by December 01, 2018 with an initial contract duration of 2 years. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
The aim of the position is to make an active contribution to achieving the objectives of the Sector Strategy, Knowledge and Learning Department, with particular emphasis on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Program and project support through qualification, consulting and backstopping
- Systematization and standardization of MEAL Activities and development of MEAL systems, including strategy monitoring
- Quanitative data collection technicques, data preparation and data analysis, qualitative program and project monitoring
- Execution of decentralized evaluations
- Development and processing of tools for the evaluation and reporting of aggregated data
- Promotion and moderation of internal horizontal knowledge transfer on MEAL relevant topics
- Exchange with relevant organisations/institutions with an emphasis on relevant, up-to-date knowledge as well as expediency and applicability
- Further development of overarching topics on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Design and implementation of trainings in the field of MEAL
- Advice on project applications with regard to impact logic, sustainability, plausibility and coherence
- A university or technical college degree and methodical competence (training of further eduction) in the field of monitoring and/or evaluation
- 1-3 years of professional experience, ideally in the development policy context
- Ability to cooperation and teamwork
- Advisory competence
- Experience and competence in the field of knowledge transfer
- Readiness for business trips to our project countries
- Very good command of spoken and written English and very good knowledge of French
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 03, 2018 by using the attached link. Your contact person is Rosemarie Rampp