Senior Initiative Manager – early childhood development and measurement
Do you believe in the transformational power of learning through play? Are you committed developing the potential of children in the early years? Can you measure the effects of initiatives made for children to develop the intellectual, emotional, social and creative skills to serve them, their communities and society for a lifetime?
Are you ready to contribute to make a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation (LF) shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish-based international corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon.
Join our early childhood development programme You will join our Learning Through Play in Early Childhood Programme in Billund, Denmark or Boston, Massachusetts. This programme promotes learning through play for children aged 0-6 as a critical component of children´s development - whether at home, in early childhood centres or in communities.
We work through a series of initiatives with specific aims to be achieved within a 3-5-year period, and these initiatives affect change through three main levers: programmes, buy-in and evidence.
Help measure our global impact in early childhood As an initiative manager, you will be tasked with developing partnerships and managing project activities that promote learning through play in early childhood. With a focus on ensuring equipping partners to promote learning through play and better measuring our outcomes, you will play an important role in bridging evidence and programme development. Supporting our ongoing development of contextual knowledge, technical rigor, evidence creation, relationship development and advocacy, you will:
• Identify trends and key influencers shaping the early childhood development landscape
• Support analysis, synthesis and project design to achieve LEGO Foundation goals
• Monitor progress towards the outputs and outcomes for project activities and ensure that learnings are captured and shared
• Support the LEGO Foundation’s engagement in important discussions about measurement of child outcomes
• Ensure cross-team sharing and dissemination of initiative learnings in a way that advances the impact of other initiative, programme or research teams within the LEGO Foundation
• Design and drive key projects to ensure that programme initiatives achieve their overarching goals
Excellent stakeholder management skills To succeed in this position, you have a track record of leading collaborative processes with integrity, flexibility and adaptability. Moreover, you bring knowledge of norms and standard-setting in the ECD landscape as well as knowledge of the measurement of child-level outcomes for children under the age of five. We imagine that you have:
• A master´s degree or higher in international development, education, early childhood development, applied research or psychology
• 8+ years of project management experience – preferably in early childhood development and/or partner management
• 5+ years of experience with project development and/or programme design
• 3+ years supporting measurement of child and adult level outcomes in early childhood programs
• Knowledge of CSR and/or the non-profit sector and experience advocating for systems change
• Excellent command of English, both written and oral
If you would like to join our team in Billund or Boston to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
- This position was posted in July 2018
- We review applications as of this month
- We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
- We start with the interviews Mid-August 2018
To apply, click the link http://recruitmentsystem.onerecruit.com/614F584D579