Batch Vacancy (3 Positions): Planning & Monitoring Officer, NO-2, FT (Huila, Bie, & Uige) For Angolan Nationals Only
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose for the job: The Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer reports to the Chief of Monitoring & Evaluation/Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for supervision. The Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the planning, monitoring, evaluation process preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative tasks to contribute to evaluation planning, implementation, oversight and reporting to ensure that evaluations are carried out according to schedule and that results and recommendations are implemented and followed up.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Setting Standards for Programme performance planning and monitoring
· Provide technical support as necessary to the process of developing and monitoring Annual Work Plans, including reporting on progress of the equity and gender marker as outlined in the Programme Policy and Procedures Guidance
· Provide technical support as necessary in organising and managing annual/mid-year/mid-term/end term country programme reviews ensuring consistency with objectives and goals set out in the CPD and contribute to the Annual Management Plan.
· Monitor follow-up actions based on management decisions resulting from Country Office performance monitoring and evaluation.
· Support the programme components to effectively monitor and report on the intersectoral programme results, cross sectoral programme component results and field office results to facilitate programme coherence and convergence where appropriate.
· Contribute to development of programme monitoring framework for the learning zones including technical backstopping to the field team for convergent programming.
· Provide technical support to programme sections to effectively monitor and report on the intersectoral programme results.
Support to the preparation of the integrated monitoring and evaluation plan (IMEP)
Support implementation of evaluations
Dissemination and follow up of evaluations
Networking and partnership building
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
A University Degree in economics, psychology, sociology, education or other social science field is required.
A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development analysis and programming at the international and/or in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in program/project monitoring and evaluation in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
Fluency in English and Portugueseis required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=514584