Human Resource Manager
About The Program
Action Against Hunger (AAH) has been operational in Nigeria since 2010 and has been a leading organization in strengthening nutrition security in Northern Nigeria. Employing a multi-sectoral approach to address significant nutrition security needs, AAH implements programs in nutrition, food security and livelihoods (FSL), social protection and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno states. In response to the humanitarian crisis in Northeastern Nigeria, AAH expanded its operations in 2014 to emergency programs. AAH currently implements 12 grants that target long-term development and humanitarian assistance with funding from DFID, USAID/OFDA, USAID/FFP, ECHO, French Embassy, GAC, SDC, and SIDA.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY. . .
providing high quality HR support to staff and programs in Yobe State, Nigeria and build the national HR team capacity.This position is based in Damaturu, Nigeria.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
1. Support to HR Staff & to build the HR National team Capacity.
- Train the new HR Manager (National) on the AAH policies & procedures and other key aspects of the job.
- Do some Capacity building of the whole HR Team (Base & sub base) on the existing policies and the work environment.
- Organize regular exchange with the HR team in Abuja to ensure synergy of HR practices.
- Organize regular meetings for staff at field level to update and inform on HR issues.
- Provide Support to the team wherever required.
2: To take lead on the HR recruitment ongoing at the base along with support of resourcing team.
- Closely follow the HR plan and update the HR recruitment tracker based on the information from HR plan and the Recruitment requests submitted by Project leads.
- Plan, organize the Interview (Oral & Written) with support of resourcing Officer & Assistant for positions of level 6 & above.
- Guide the resourcing team wherever required in the recruitment process.
- Closely follow-up on the recruitments in order to make sure that this is being done based on the AAH recruitment policy.
- Keep updating Operation Support Coordinator on the status of recruitments & any foreseen challenges & delays related to it.
3: Implementation and enforcement the HR policy (staff regulations)
- Implement staff regulations and related policies; proposing change when necessary, in order to ensure on-going compliance with national labor laws. Any adjustment of existing HR policies will require prior discussion with the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator at country level, and ratification by the HQ HR Advisor.
Ensure that AAH risk management policies, core values and charter are applied.
Assure that AAH staff policies and procedures in addition to the Labor Laws of Nigeria are adhered to at field level.
Advise the Operations Support Coordinator and other managers on appropriate disciplinary action as situations arise.
Ensure that AAH is compliant with all national HR regulations including coordination with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure the validity of all international staff visas.
4: Implement pay and other benefits policies, and contracts management
- Collect and check salaries data from the field before submitting to the Head of HR at country level for approval.
- Taking lead on sharing the communication to all staff on the change of HR grid with new titles and the revised salary calculation process. Ensuring all question asked on this are properly responded with support of HR Abuja team.
- Ensure that calculations of end of contracts benefits (FFS and PSB) are correctly done before approval by the Head of HR at country level to avoid potential labor disputes and/or legal cases.
- Follow up on annual leave planning and execution.
- Ensure each staff has a valid ID card.
- Implement the medical benefits policy: collect employee eligible dependent details and legal documents.
- Update the base specific contract calendar and ensure that timely renewals and notices are received by all staff.
5: Lead the implementation of AAH performance management system at field level:
- Follow up on job description revision staff.
- Compile completed appraisals, update the performance appraisal tracking sheet at field level as well as the annual training plan database, and submit them to the Head of HR at country level for analysis and action.
- Random checks on Performance appraisals done for the base staff and participating as well.
6: Reporting and Staff management
- Compile monthly HR reports and submit a field HR sitrep to the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator by a specific date every month.
- Prepare monthly and mid-month cash forecasts for HR related expenses.
- Responsible for preparing field briefing schedule for new staff arriving in the field.
- Update guesthouse accommodation roster and inform guesthouse staff of arrivals/departures.
- Prepare a detailed report on the situation of HR team level of understanding and any input for the year 2019 on HR Structure considering the needs and the performance of HR team.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, or social sciences, or related discipline preferred.
- Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Manager will be an added asset.
- At least 2 years of experience as a HR manager/officer within a humanitarian field programme.
- Experience of Capacity Building, Trainings, ToT (Preffered).
- Experience of managing the HOMERE software system.
- Previous Action Against Hunger experience.
- At least 3- years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- Must be comfortable explaining complex technical & procedural requirements in straightforward language.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Genuine interest in & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team.
- Fluent written & spoken English.
- Proven ability to model core HR values of confidentiality, fairness and discretion.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For further information about Action Against Hunger-USA, please visit our website: www.actionagainsthunger.org
Interested? To apply for this position by click on the link below to make your application https://action-against-hunger.workable.com/jobs/763176
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume, and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
For further information about Action Against Hunger-USA, please visit our website www.actionagainsthunger.org