Performance Management Information System Consultant
Rational for PMIS consultant
-Objectives & General Scope
Development of Performance Management Information System (PMIS) for Decision Making
DDIU activity is focusing on supporting data demand and information by working to strengthen the availability and presentation of data for decision making through developing a Performance Management Information System (PMIS) which is PMIS is a management support system that aims at enhancing the management capacity and improving accountability in the ministry by enabling the decision makers and takers to monitor and evaluate the progress of the implementation of the MOH Strategic Plan and Hospital KPIs.
The PMIS will be designed to serve different purposes, including as a communication tool to engage different MOH levels (National and subnational), management tool to regularly monitor and evaluate the progress of MOH strategy, MOH operational plans and Hospital KPIs. learning/improvement tool; by providing regular updates on progress, information can be reviewed and used to inform necessary decisions for improvements
The PMIS will:
- Produce reliable data from a single source so that everyone in the ministry can speak the same language.
- Produce relevant data that has buy-in from the whole team.
- Enable the users of effective data comparison for getting valuable insights.
- Create easy access for every user who needs to view the relevant information.
- Provide interactive unified data collection forms which will decrease the time necessary for filling them out and reduce poor quality or inconsistent data.
- Ensure data security that allows control over the rights to edit data collection forms.
- Produce near real-time data in the form of interactive reports - to allow the decision makers address challenges promptly and implement changes when they are necessary.
- Generate trends and benchmark features to keep staff engaged and motivated.
- Provide evidence to develop action/operational plans
The PMIS system will include a dashboard function that allows key information to be presented visually via a set of standard dashboards. Use of the dashboards will enable identification of corrective action to ensure proper strategy implementation. (Annex 1: PMIS Concept Note & list of KPIs)
PMIS Main Functions:
1 Data entry from deferent MOH directorates and hospitals (list of required indicators attached Annex 3) 2 Indicators Calculation. 3 Dashboards, charts tables Production. 4 Different types of reports and graphs Production. 5 Other features will be extracted from the concept note and related document.
The following is a list of the high-level project activities and their description that will be performed to deliver the PMIS as defined in the project scope.
- Scope and Activities
To formally have approved Project Plan
Presenting and discussing project scope
Draft and elaborate project plan upon agreed scope.
Work with counterparts to develop the plans
Finalized Project Plan that include the following:
- Approved Project Plans
Software Requirements Specification (SRS) Elicitation
Elicit detailed specifications of PMIS
Elicit the PMIS specification
Delivery of final SRS documents
PMIS SRS Document
Development and Implementation of PMIS on Ministry of Health website
Development and Deployment is made on the MOH Site to serve all purposes and functions for the duration of the project and to be carried over to live operations.
Deploy on MOH Site PMIS
User Acceptance Test and Documentation
To test and verify the functional and business requirement s of the PMIS with the ITD, Institutional development directorate Team and relevant MOH directorates
Train the ITD, Institutional development directorate Team and relevant MOH directorates representatives on the system to facilitate the execution of the system
HFG will assist MOH to Create a web-based Performance Management Information system which requires consultant services, HFG is seeking to hire a programming consultant with the following qualifications:
- Able to Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest web trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Sound understanding of the base theory behind data visualization and dashboard design, preferably in a software agnostic context.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse.
- Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
- Able to communicate effectively within a development team and with non-technical external stakeholders.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- training and experience
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining open source software
- BS in computer science or a related field
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bmVzcmVlbi5hbGVpZC40MDk1MC4zODMwQHBhbGxhZG...