Accountant - Rabat, Morocco (NRS)
Main purpose of position
The position is responsible for processing, recording, summarizing, analyzing and reporting on the financial transactions of the ICARDA’s Office in Rabat, Morocco. The position is responsible for ensuring that the financial accounts and reports comply with the policies and procedures of ICARDA.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
The incumbent will report to the Office Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
Support the operational teams through the delivery of high-quality financial services, as per agreed service level standards;
Work with the Finance Team in Rabat and in Cairo to ensure that all financial transactions in Rabat Office are processed through ICARDA’s accounting system, and that complete and accurate information are entered in a timely manner;
Ensure that the processing of financial transactions is carried out in accordance with ICARDA policies and in compliance with Moroccan laws and regulations;
Ensure that adequate, complete and properly authorized supporting documentation of the office’s transactions is maintained;
Collect, analyze, summarize and report on account information;
Liaise with the internal and external auditors reviewing financial transactions and reports;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting of financial accounts;
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Office Manager – Rabat Office.
Education, qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications and competencies
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in Accounting.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the performing accounting function;
- Proficiency in the use of ERPs databases and financial packages is a must;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, especially advanced application of Excel is a must;
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under tight deadlines;
- Accuracy and attention to details;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build effective work relationships in a multicultural and multidisciplinary work environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and working knowledge of Arabic and French.
Desirable qualifications and competencies
- Certified Public Account or Chartered Accountant designation;
- experience in Unit 4 or Agresso system;
- Experience with an international organization;
Terms of appointment, salary and benefits
This is a nationally recruited position for which ICARDA offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, five months’ maternity leave, 15 days’ paternity leave. The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract of 3 years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The first year will be probationary period.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF THE VACANCY ADVERTISED IN JANUARY 2018. CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT TO APPLY AGAIN.
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/ by July 31, 2018