Position: Area Manager
Location: Deputy Country Director
Reports to: Syria, Al Dana
Duration: 12 months
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Area Manager (AM) is responsible for the coordination, management, development and representation of Relief International in North of Syria, Area Manager oversee program implementation according to RI strategies and ensure that operations are implemented within procedures, guidelines and strategy; enable a productive and accountable relationship with beneficiaries, communities’ representatives, local councils and health directorate. The AM is the administrative line manager for all staff within the office.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work directly with SMT, to support NW Syria strategic planning and ensuring alignment with Syria-wide objectives
- Work with CD, Program Director, NW Syria Program Manager and M&E department to ensure strong and streamlined M&E systems and processes are in place
- Ensure program implantation plans are in accordance with Turkey office strategic priorities and being implemented accordingly to programming principles.
- Under the direct supervision from the Deputy Country Director, lead programme planning processes in NW Syria, ensuring projects have clean design and risk mitigation system in place
- Lead and supervise NW Syria staff (programs, operations, finance, risk management) to deliver high quality programming
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation and training of program and operations staff, in close coordination with HR and relevant support units
- Ensure adequate training and staff development and performance plans are in place and provide regular informal on the job mentoring to staff
- Closely coordinate with the senior management in head office and technical/support department heads ensuring regular information and feedback flows.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for RI staff and assets by ensuring the local security procedures are up to date and SOPs are being followed in line with the RI policies, promoting regular staff training, providing safety and security analysis, recommendations and follows-ups.
- Provide leadership in overseeing of all logistical/procurement, HR/administration and office services activities and ensure their timely/efficient delivering.
- Comply with internal reporting requirements, contribute to, and provide quality assurance of external reports from area of operation
- Ensure the systems and supervision are in place to create and maintain a healthy working environment that fosters employee engagement and inspired team performance.
- Ensure coherence of program initiatives in the assigned geographical area.
Due Diligence and Compliance
- Ensure overall provision of and adherence to RI policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and standard practices
- Monitor program compliance in NW Syria by maintaining close oversight of spending, procurement, logistics etc in close coordination with department heads
- Escalate any instances (alleged or otherwise) of fraud, abuse, diversion of resources, interferences, to the Country Director
· Ensure that RI’s resources are managed with the highest level of quality stewardship by working in close coordination with the stakeholders (hospitals/PHC etc.), including developing and monitoring finance and administration systems and procedures as they apply to the NW Syria office and developing a system of checks and balances to ensure timely, appropriate finance and administration procedures.
· Safeguard RI’s assets in NW Syria office by ensuring finance and administration policies and procedures are fully implemented, documented and filed, propose amendments and changes when necessary, and make sure that the office operates efficiently and effectively.
· Work closely with Risk Manager and Risk officers to support safety and security management and roll out trainings at the request of the Risk Manager
· Ensure security plans are updated and communicate any delays with the CD and Risk manager and provide mitigation plan as needed
· Ensure staff are aware of and are able to follow standard operation procedures.
· Implement RI security rules, regulations and procedures
· Understand and monitor changes in the surroundings and alert security manager to changes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· 3 to 5 year of experience in managerial level
· Proven experience in managing personnel in collaborative team approach
· Demonstrated knowledge of project management tools and processes, including results-based management
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action
· Ability to work under pressure and with very short deadlines & strong communications skills.
· Fluent in oral and written Arabic and English.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English in addition to three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
before July 31, 2018 stating in the subject “Area Manager”.
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications.