M&E Coordinator, Mexico Promoting Justice Project (PROJUST), Mexico
M&E Coordinator, Mexico Promoting Justice Project (PROJUST), Mexico
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is recruiting a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) Coordinator for PROJUST, a $68 million USAID/Mexico Rule of Law project. MSI is in the third year of implementing the five-year effort, which provides customized support to federal and state authorities to accelerate the Mexican Criminal Justice Reform (CJR). PROJUST contributes to broader U.S. Government and Government of Mexico efforts to mitigate conflict, reduce impunity, and promote a more transparent and efficient justice system.
MSI seeks an M&E Coordinator to harmonize all key performance monitoring and evaluation efforts. With direct management support from the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and the Chief of Party (COP), and technical support from the Technical Director (TD) at Home Office, the M&E Coordinator will ensure that PROJUST implements all M&E requirements as set forth by the USAID Mission and the commitments as laid out in the PROJUST M&E Plan.
Specifically, the M&E coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the collection of data; leading the writing of plans and reports; and ensuring the precision and quality among the entire PROJUST performance monitoring system. The M&E Coordinator will write, oversee production and provide technical input to annual plans, technical and final reports, weekly highlight summaries, and quarterly results tables. All such deliverables, however, will be subject to review by the DCOP, COP and, if needed, the TD.
The M&E coordinator will also ensure that suitable performance monitoring and evaluation systems are in place, implemented as intended, and reporting get done in a comprehensive and timely manner to facilitate program coordinators and managers deliver programs that achieve the desired outcomes/impacts. Gaps in any of these areas are to be brought to the attention of the DCOP, COP or TD.
The M&E Coordinator will also support and/or conduct the design and implementation research as called upon by the USAID Mission, the Chief of Party or MSI's Technical Director. S/he may also be called upon to recommend analyses and/or coordinate short-term technical assistance (STTA) efforts – to be supervised in tandem with the DCOP.
The M&E Coordinator will be the lead advocate / voice for the M&E team, which is responsible for ensuring that the PROJUST project is achieving contractually mandated results, incorporating lessons into technical efforts, and continuously improving the quality of interventions and corresponding outcomes. The Coordinator will bring any needs or challenges the team has, to the DCOP, COP and TD as relevant.
S/he will also coordinate the collection of field data by PROJUST Technical staff, as required for all indicators. This may require providing support to Technical teams in working with partner organizations, helping to organize data, and directly collecting data. The M&E Coordinator is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the data that is collected is done so in the technically correct manner, is of the highest quality and integrity, and accurately reflects the project implementation status and realities.
As guided by the Chief of Party, the M&E Coordinator will liaise with key USAID staff, project partners and Home Office staff. This may include carrying out data consultations with partner organizations to ensure that data requests and responses are accurate.
S/he reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and is expected to interact closely with MSI Washington.
- Coordinate the M&E team and its activities, comprised of a diverse group of technicians (i.e., technical writers, enumerators, database / web-system manager);
- Ensure that project achieves its contractually mandated results by bringing any gaps, successes or lessons to senior management's attention;
- Recommend and coordinate (with DCOP) any necessary STTA as called upon by the Mission, COP, Technical Leaders or Home Office;
- Protecting the integrity of the M&E system ensuring the accurate documentation and reporting of project results;
- Produce and facilitate the use of data that contributes towards strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support an accurate data flow, internal quality control, and production of basic analyses (trends, graphs, anomalous results, etc.);
- Assist technical teams in collecting data on all project indicators;
- Facilitate the integrity of the M&E database ensuring data is entered accurately and is available for reports;
- Coordinate (cull information and serve as lead writer) technical reports for the Mission and MSI;
- Conduct data verification exercises including data review and site visits (which may require travel throughout Mexico);
- Meet with partners, technical experts or other key stakeholders as called upon by the COP
- Manage the repository of tools, guidelines and reference documents for M&E and other materials.
- Bachelor's degree in international development, economics, statistics or a relevant field of study to M&E.
- 5+ years of M&E experience.
- Previous experience as a key member of an M&E team in the LAC region – preferably 3+ years.
- Strong technical writer, able to synthesize data and information into attractive and readable reports / stories.
- Proven experience in preparation of accurate and timely reports.
- Experience designing data collection tools and/or performing analyses of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments in the LAC region and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to take initiative and to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment.
- Highly proficient in English and Spanish required. Familiarity with the Latin America region and culture a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com