Shelter & WASH Project Manager - Syria
Shelter & WASH Project Manager - Syria
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of this position is to lead the implementation of all Shelter, WASH or related projects in Northeast Syria. The position holder will be responsible for managing the NRC Shelter & WASH project portfolio, staffing in Northeast Syria, as delegated by the line-manager..In addition to project delivery, the position contributes to the broader Syria Response country-level programme development in collaboration with the Shelter & WASH Specialist. Specific responsibilities related to the position include:
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) & Implementation. Accountable for the successful implementation of all Shelter & WASH projects delivered through direct or partner-led modalities throughout the full project cycle.
- Staffing and Structure. Accountable for the successful staffing and structure of the Shelter & WASH project team. The position-holder will be accountable for ensuring Shelter & WASH NRC staff recruitment, performance management and line-management is conducted in accordance with the relevant NRC policies and procedures.
- Capacity Building. Accountable for the successful capacity building of NRC and partner Shelter & WASH staff and Monitoring and Evaluation staff in relevant competencies. This includes accountability for ensuring performance management of all Shelter & WASH project team members, identification of capacity building needs, and planning and resourcing capacity building initiatives within the framework of the NRC Syria Response strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Technical Quality. Accountable for the implementation of high quality Shelter & WASH projects by NRC/partners, in accordance with the agreed NRC Syria Response Country and CC Strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Programme Development. Accountable for high quality Area Office-level input into the Syria Response (country-level) Shelter & WASH programme development (e.g. Core Competency Strategies) initiatives.
- Project M&E. Accountable for accurate and high quality Monitoring and Evaluation of NRC/partner Shelter & WASH or related activities, including information management and archiving.
- Reporting. Accountable for accurate and high quality reporting of NRC/partner Shelter and WASH Area-level achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms.
- Protection Mainstreaming. Accountable for protection mainstreaming in all Shelter & WASH or related activities throughout the project-cycle.
- Coordination & Representation. Accountable for representing NRC Shelter & WASH programmes in Area-level coordination mechanisms, in formal and informal forums and through bilateral (peer) coordination. This includes responsibility for operational coordination, inter-agency reporting of achievements, and Area-level strategy discussions. Where required, support engagement and coordination with Consortium partners. Where required, the position-holder should support the Shelter & WASH Specialist in Whole-of-Syria level coordination.
- I-WISH. The position-holder will work in collaboration with the Specialist and line-manager pilot I-WISH (integrated WASH, ICLA and Shelter) programming in Northeast Syria, in accordance with the relevant standards and policies.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Contract period: 12 months
Duty Station: Within the Syria Response Office’s area of operation
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location on your application.