Associate, Investment Cases
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
CHAI's employs a programmatic approach to some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need.
This role supports CHAI's South African programmes in developing investment cases for initiatives, in close collaboration with other related teams, procurers, donor groups, and government officials to determine if deal produces sufficient health benefits and value-for-money. S/he, along with the relevant Programme Manager, will represent CHAI with government and non-government partners. The successful candidate will have strong relationship management skills, as s/he will interface with varied stakeholders in the complex global health industry.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with at least 3 year's relevant work experience, proven relationship management skills, excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills. The successful candidate must be able to function independently in a fast-paced environment. CHAI places great value on personal qualities including resourcefulness, tenacity, humility and a strong commitment to excellence.
- Assist in establishing investment cases for varying initiatives
- Engage with procurers, donor groups, and government officials to determine if an initiative produces sufficient health benefits and value-for-money
- Support CHAI country and global teams in evaluating the potential for various market shaping interventions
- In partnership with various Programme Managers, conceptualize potential new market shaping interventions
- Take ownership of required analytical evaluations required to inform the investment case design
- Maintain relationships with key partners and develop relationships with new entities as applicable
- Engage with key stakeholders on related programmes and initiatives, as it relates to implementation of operational plans
- Provide support to CHAI country and global teams as needed
Perform other duties as assigned by managerQualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Public Health, Business or a related field
A minimum of three years' professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility and experience
Strong analytical skills and advanced technical proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous work experience in South Africa/Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in the health sector
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and multitask
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations that translate the results of team activities into meaningful policy recommendations
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
- Management consulting, investment banking or other relevant private and public sector experience
- Knowledge of health systems strengthening, and/or global healthcare systems
- Experience managing demanding work plans and tight budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term programme objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in high-pressure situations and adapt to fast-paced and changing environments with a strong commitment to excellence, both internally and externally, and with limited structural or operational support
- Experience working with international partners in-country