Communications Associate, Global Health Division, HRH2030
Chemonics seeks a Communications Associate to work in its Global Health Division located in Arlington, VA. This individual will support the Human Resources for Health 2030 program. Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) helps low- and middle-income countries develop the health workforce needed to end preventable maternal and child deaths, support the goals of Family Planning 2020, control the HIV/AIDS epidemic, and protect communities from infectious diseases through a strong workforce. HRH2030 continues to expand with both global and country-specific activities. Currently, there are activities in the following countries in addition to the core program activities: Jordan, Senegal, Malawi, South Africa, Botswana, Mali, Philippines and Colombia; one global activity under the President’s Malaria Initiative in Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Burundi, Sierra Leone, and Togo; and one global activity under PEPFAR/Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Malawi and Namibia.
The associate will work closely with the HRH2030 communications team, HRH2030 home and field office staff, and others throughout the company to support the program’s external communication and outreach goals. He or she will be able to multitask, develop, and employ appropriate communication strategies and brings strong writing ability to assignments. The successful candidate is also responsible for understanding and promoting HRH2030’s goals, managing select external (website, bimonthly e-newsletter, social media) and internal (biweekly e-newsletter) communications outlets for HRH2030, and producing high-quality content for assigned tasks with limited oversight. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Supports HRH2030 communication and outreach initiatives and helps in planning under supervision of a manager; works closely with program leadership, HRH2030 home office staff, and HRH2030 technical program office staff
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of program and divisional goals and strategies and ensures they are integrated into communications and outreach activities
- Researches and writes useful and engaging content for target audiences on HRH2030’s website and external outlets, including www.HRH2030program.org, social media, and industry or mainstream news outlets as delegated by manager or director; identifies potential content for usage on external outlets
- Manages administration of HRH2030 digital communication channels including the external website (www.HRH2030program.org ), program e-newsletter, and social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook) as delegated by supervisor or directors
- Supports external events, including webinars and conferences
- Responds to communications- and branding-related inquiries from home-office and field-office staff
- Supports technical staff with production of high profile deliverables, including liaising with in-house support staff and external vendors, as well as provides copy editing for communications materials
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in the field of communications
- Ability to research and write story-driven content about complex technical subjects and programs that engages target audiences and enhances program’s image
- Sensitivity to diverse audiences and demonstrated good judgement about messaging
- Strong editing and proofreading skills; familiarity with style guides
- Ability to work under deadline pressure with diverse teams and manage production schedules
- Knowledge of uses and administration of popular social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, YouTube)
- Expertise in MS Office (specifically PowerPoint and Word) and Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and InDesign)
- Basic familiarity with HTML and demonstrated experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of general graphic design and photography principles
- Video production and editing experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills needed to establish and maintain strong working relationships with team members in the U.S. and in the field
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, international development, or related field a plus
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&... by July 20, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.