Program Support Officer
Creative currently seeks to hire a Program Support Officer for its Berlin office to provide support to the implementation of an International Development project in the Middle East. Under the supervision of the Deputy Team Lead (DTL), the Program Support Officer will work closely to support the Program team with a focus on activity closeout and document control. The Program Support Officer is expected to work 40 hours a week and will not supervise any staff.
Activity and Implementation:
- Conduct an activity file audit of program portfolio to ensure documentation is in line with Creative policies and procedures; and
- Oversee the closeout of up to forty-five (45) fixed amount subaward activities, ensuring all documents are complete and in accordance with the requirements of the prime award.
- Lead in the communication of any project administrative policies and procedures to the field team;
- Engage in efforts to reduce/eliminate chances for fraud, waste and abuse and communicate any instance of fraud to management and fraud prevention team for follow-up reporting to the donor;
- Support the DTL in daily office management, including logistical and administrative support, and drafting communication to local partners and subcontractors; and
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years working on foreign assistance programs funded by international donors; experience with grants management under U.S. Government (USG) funding preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in project management and/or project backstopping;
- Understanding of procurement accordance with USG policies and procedures required; understanding of cross-border procurement under USG rules and regulations preferred;
- Native written and spoken English required; Arabic language capabilities preferred;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Previous experience with closeout of grants or projects or experience with conducting or supporting internal audits preferred; and
- Authorization to work in Germany required.
Please submit a CV of no more than 3 pages maximum to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title of “Program Support Officer” in the subject; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; any relocation and costs to Berlin for this position will be the responsibility of the selected candidate.