Health Advocacy Adviser - Global and National
Fixed term contract until December 2022
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as Health Advocacy Adviser, playing a key role in our commitment to end preventable child deaths from pneumonia and other causes.
Our Policy, Advocacy, and Campaigns department is where we drive political agendas at national and global levels. We’ve integrated lobbying, policy, research and campaigning into one agile, powerful engine for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
GSK and Save the Children have an innovative, strategic, shared-value partnership that combines two organisations’ global expertise, skills and energy to find new ways to help reduce child mortality. As Health Advocacy Adviser you will engage key stakeholders to advance towards Sustainable Development Goals 3, using pneumonia as an indication of progress and working closely with the private sector constituency. You will play a key role at both global and national level in delivering policy and advocacy messages for the child health agenda. In addition you will:
· Support influencing the global movement for Universal Health Coverage (UHC) through engagement with UHC2030, UHC Day, WHO, the World Bank and other key players
· Identify, develop and deliver opportunities for joint advocacy by Save the Childre and GSK for UHC including events, conference sessions, abstracts and articles
· Ensure awareness around the links between infectious dieases, pneumonia, UJC is raised in both national and global arenas
· Support the immunization adviser in advocacy towards vaccines.
To be successful you will have a post-graduate qualification or equivalent experience on issues directly related to global health policy. The ability to work professionally in French is essential as is the excellent understanding and experience of international development and the pharmaceutical sector. You should also have excellent verbal communication skills, appropriate for external representation. In addition you will have:
· Experience of policy research, with a track record of written reports and briefings and evaluating evidence of their impact
· A good understanding of the UK, global, regional and national external advocacy environment and the ability to assess trends and developments likely to affect advocacy
· Experience of effective team work and outstanding inter-personal communication skills
· The ability to operate within an administratively self-servicing environment.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 20th June 2018
To apply please visit our website.