International with 75 – 80% travel out of homebase
Fixed term contract for 2 years
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as Medical Logistician, supporting the set up and daily operations of the Emergency Health Unit (EHU) and supervising and managing national logistics staff.
Our Humanitarian department integrates emergency and development work, through our country programmes. It increases our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Primary Health Medical Logistician you will contribute to the primary health emergency responses by establishing the first phase medical supply chain, including managing the cold chain, dispensaries, clinical forecasting and analysis.
In coordination with the EHU supply chain team and the Global Pharmacy team, you will also create, contribute to and maintain robust, practical and comprehensive documentation relating to medicines’ management and pharmaceutical care in emergencies. In addition you will:
- Lead on medical logistics aspects of the response to ensure successful set up, management and hand-over/close out of facilities
- Manage drug donations with the Clinical Lead in line with EHU SOPs on received donations
- Work in collaboration and co-ordination with the logistics manager to support all logistical elements of a deployment
- Identify core competencies for medical logistics and work with priority countries’ HR to support the recruitment and orientation of CO medical logisticians
To be successful you will have strong experience with international NGOs in humanitarian medical logistics with good international experience. Qualified in medical logistics, pharmacy or with an equivalent relevant qualification, you will be a strong communicator and team member. You will also have demonstrated flexibility with the ability to deploy to overseas locations at very short notice. In addition you will have:
- Experience of mass vaccination campaigns and strong knowledge of cold chain management
- Experience of support first phase, self-sufficient primary health care programmes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- The ability to work and maintain a positive team dynamic in insecure environments.
- Working proficiency in French, written and spoken
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 22nd June 2018
Please note: This is a rolling advert, and applications will be reviewed and contacted on an ongoing basis. Those who have applied in the past do not need to reapply.
To apply please visit our website via the link below: