Silk Road Organization (SRO) is a non-political, non-governmental, and non- profit organization established by a group of Syrian youth who believe in Syria's future. The organization’s vision is to enhance and develop the role of civil society in all aspects in order to enable it to have a strong role in building the future of Syria. Credibility, honesty, integrity, and empathy are the main values of Silk Road. More specifically, Silk Roads goals are to increase local community, and civil society capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability; promote respect for diversity and human dignity, reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion; and endeavor to empower the role of women in all fields so that the broader society can benefit from their contributions.
Silk Road began in Aleppo city in November 2015 and has since registered in Turkey under the name of "Ipek Yolu Suriye Dernegi" January 2016, and in Iraq in August 2017. The regional office is located in Gaziantep, with a main office located in Erbil.
Job Code :PM-TR-20-05001
A project manager is a person who has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
*Main Duties and Responsibilities :
· Is responsible for manage and coordinate the assigned WASH and shelter project(s) to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame.
· Ensure appropriate technical and social interventions in order to secure the outcome, impact, and sustainability
· Identification of appropriate design, maintenance and mechanisms, and sustainability of the rehabilitated water wells, water systems, and sewer systems
· Provide strong leadership of the assigned WASH and shelter project(s), working to ensure both short/long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities (where applicable) and local WASH and shelter staff
· Supervises the preparation of project plans.
· Determines the relations between the parties involved in the implementation of the projects.
· Take the necessary measures to generate the necessary resources for the projects.
· Organizing the work of subordinates in projects and supervision and coordination among them.
· Follow up the implementation of project activities and take appropriate decisions to reform implementation paths.
· Monitors costs and makes decisions to comply with the cost plan.
· Take measures to make cash flows to and from projects in favor of projects.
· Ensure that the requirements for the project are issued in a timely manner and review the requirements of the other party to determine their validity.
· The project manager should attend the meetings of the projects at the strategic level in general and the executive level sometimes.
· to develop a policy to stimulate workers in the project
Requirement & Skills :
· Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity or experience with SPHERE Standards
· Ability to adapt to changing requirements
· Ability to work independently and in a team
· Good knowledge of English
- interested candidate are kindly fill out the form by clicking Link