Humanitarian Partnership Coordinator
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Under the umbrella of the project “Protecting at-risk vulnerable households and building an enabling environment for resilient communities in the Gaza Strip”, the action supports a strategic partnership between ECHO and Action Against Hunger (as lead agency), the Norwegian Refugee Council, and Première Urgence Internationale to enhance protection of the targeted vulnerable groups against violations of IHL and IHRL by combining an integrated approach to emergency preparedness, response and multi-layer assistance, coupled with evidence-based humanitarian advocacy.
Provide overall representation and management of the implementation of the Gaza Partnership (Gaza Partnership 3) to provide humanitarian assistance to vulnerable people in need in the Gaza Strip.
Key activities in your role will include
TECHNICAL AND STRATEGIC PROGRAMMATIC COORDINATION
- Act as an advisor to partners to address operational and technical programmatic issues and provide neutral facilitation to solve potential technical issues between partners as well as ensure a good flow of information and efficient communication between partners.
- Lead the coordination between partners on a day-to day- basis as well as convene and provide reporting and attend part of the steering committee meetings on a regular basis and additional ad hoc meetings as required.
QUALITY AND DEVELOPMENT
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation of the project and provide feedback to the consortium and suggest with other consortium partners programmatic changes in response to results of monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensure proper risk mapping of consortium activities and, with the other consortium partners develop and implement mitigation measures;
- Lead on assuring the continuous quality and improvement of the overarching Protection Approach, Advocacy and Emergency Preparedness of the Partnership in coordination with the Partner agencies.
EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION AND STAKEHOLDERS ENGAGEMENT
- Coordinate the activities of Partners to provide integrated protection response to beneficiaries;
- Ensure regular coordination of project partners within the cluster system, and with the broader humanitarian coordination structure.
- Arrange and facilitate donors and key stakeholders visits to the field with different partners staff and under overall supervision of Steering Committee.
CONSORTIUM STEERING COMMITTEE ENGAGEMENT
- Report to the Steering Committee in a proper and timely manner on all relevant matters as per the ToR;
- Attend the Steering Committee meetings on a regular and ad hoc basis . During those meetings, he/she will report on:
- Implementation progress of the signed agreements;
- Technical issues faced and suggested solutions to overcome them;
- Updates on representation and other external relevant matters
GRANT MANAGEMNET, REPORTING AND MISCELLANEOUS
- The Humanitarian Partnership Coordinator will be required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals with different donors.
- Ensure all grant files are up to date and copies are also kept for proper archiving according to Action Against Hunger minimum standards and donor regulations. This includes also adequate risk mapping, including financial risks and to advice on mitigation measures.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
- Background studies: International Relations, Political Science or any related fields.
- Familiarity with the oPt and Middle East is an advantage.
- Experience in multi-sectorial interventions ( FSL, WASH, Shelter) and Protection programming
- Familiarity with the humanitarian coordination system (HPC, Clusters/Sectors) required.
- Project Cycle Management.
- Community Integrated Approaches / vulnerability assessments.
- Report and proposal writing.
- Experience within Action Against Hunger International is an asset.
- Desired background: experience in public relations, 5 years relevant experience in humanitarian context/protracted crisis.
- Experience managing large scale humanitarian operation with complex programming
- Liaison experience on the humanitarian sector (UN, INGOs, Donors, Diplomats)
- Familiarity with donors regulation and management procedures (e.g. ECHO, AECID, DGD, UN HRP cycle).
- Ability to train and mentor staff is a significant asset.
- Excellent reporting writing skills, both for language and content.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Arabic is a plus.
- Fully proficient in MS-Office, Outlook and Skype.
- Ability to travel in Jerusalem and stay overnight.
- Valid driving license.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: until 28th february 2019, starting asap.
- Base: Gaza
- Compensation packaged: 31.068,00 € - 37.668,00 € gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context. This salary includes a base salary + context plus + living expenses and per Diem (*)
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.