Medical emergency manager (M/F) - Gaza
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 45 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
After 50 years of occupation in Palestine characterized with a systematic denial of Palestinian Human Rights, a continuous conflict and several outbreaks of violence, around 2.3 million Palestinians are in need of humanitarian assistance mainly in Gaza strip, in the area C of the West-Bank (WB) and in the East Jerusalem.
In Gaza,10 years of blockage by Israel have been exacerbated by almost 2 years of closure of the Rafah crossing gate in the Egyptian borders. The last 3 wars against Gaza, especially the 2014 one caused a large scale destruction and fatalities, around 70% of Gaza’s population receives international aid. The Energy / electricity chronic crisis continues with a shortage of 12 to 18 hours a day impacting the basic services delivery including the function of hospitals and medical equipment.
Since the 30th March of 2018 the so-called March of Return in the Gaza Strip has been followed my massive influx of injuries, up to 6000, overwhelming the already stretched services in the health facilities, with high impact injuries, potential fatal consequences and the risk of medium and long term complications such as disabilities
MDM Emergency Preparedness intervention in Gaza consist in strengthening the local capacities (community level, and Ministry of Health structures, PHC and Hospital level ) to respond to medical emergencies. This intervention is done in Gaza Strip.
Since the 30th March of 2018 the response has been extended with a post- operation and injured related care in in our areas of intervention in the Gaza strip
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the responsibility of the field coordinator and deputy medical coordinator, your main responsibilities are :
to be responsible for the management of the emergency projects and follow-up with all partners (respecting International Standards of quality) in line with the mission strategy
To be responsible for the management and supervision of the emergency technical staff
To participate in the elaboration of the emergency strategy
To contribute to the diagnosis of medical emergency needs and to the proposals elaboration
To ensure proper monitoring, evaluation and reporting of medical emergency program activities
To maintain the communication and collaboration of the emergency department with other departments in Gaza base
More specifically, your objectives will be:
1. Programs strategy and programming
* Participate to the preparation of emergency plans for the Gaza Strip, to adjust MDM activities and medical resources to the needs;
* Conduct the needs assessments and diagnosis.
* Contribute to the drafting of activities’ proposals for donors and to the advocacy strategy design and implementation.
* Attend MDM technical/strategic meetings with local partners (Ministry of health, international organizations, NGOs, etc.) in coordination with the medical coordinator and field coordinator.
* Ensure the quality implementation and follow up of the medical emergency program in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and medical.
* Capitalize on tools, protocols and guidelines produced on the project - quality / M&E.
* In cooperation with the deputy medical coordinator, make proposals for re-orientation of the programms and the medical framework of the mission according to the situation on the field.
* Assess emergency needs of the communities and provide regular updates of the emergency main stakeholders in the Gaza strip.
* Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the medical emergency activities implemented by MdM France staff /Partners.
* Monitor the public health context (in collaboration with the deputy MedCo) and challenges and react to any change by adapting the program if necessary
* In coordination with deputy medical coordinator, follow_up on drug needs and drug shortages in the Gaza strip and notify the coordination team in case of urgent requirements.
* Ensure a good communication and provide needed information of the project needs and keep the link between projects’ team and the support departments of the base for the projects’ implementation.
* Assess needs of training for MDM and partners staff and organize and/or provide trainings accordingly.
* Be responsible and/or participate on training events (group training sessions, refreshment courses, on-the-job training, workshops and other scientific events).
* Systematize the collection and filing of health and medical data from external sources (MoH, other NGOs, WHO etc.) in coordination with the medical coordinator.
2. HR and Team Management
* Responsible for conducting annual appraisals of all staff under his /her direct supervision.
* Responsible for follow up and approval of working hours and leaves of the team under his direct supervision
* Participate to the recruitment and briefing of new program staff
* Supervise HR daily management for program staff
* In charge of the daily management and Supervision of the project team To ensure adequate information flow within the different field teams in terms of communication channels and content of messages
* Identify training needs, setting up training or mentoring/coaching programs and following up on implementation.
* Ensure the technical supervision of all medical staff working under his/her responsibility
* Ensure the trainings are properly delivered by the team members, and contribute to it if necessary
* Provide the team with planning and organization tools
* Support team members professionally.
3. Financial Management
* Participate in the annual and projects budget construction as well as any required revision.
* Forecast the monthly financial needs of the projects and share with the admin manager in the first week of each month.
* Participate in analyzing the emergency project budget consumptions.
4. Logistic Management
* Participate in the annual and projects procurement plan as well as any required revision.
* Forecast the monthly logistic needs of the projects and share with the logistic manager in the first week of each month.
* Participate in tracking the donation to partners.
* Provide the project activities weekly plan and movement to Logistic department.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 4 months
To be filled as soon as possible
Position based in Gaza Strip, with occasional visits to Jerusalem
2 820 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Medical, Para-medical staff, or any related field with strong experience in development & implementation of emergency medical programs.
At least 2 years of work experience in project management in the field for NGOs.
Good supervision & reporting skills.
Program planning, budgeting and monitoring skills (Program Development: Comprehensive experience in program/project management. Proven capacity to generate ideas, assess political and social environment, develop and implement relevant strategies and projects.)
Good communication skills.
Good command of English , Arabic language is an asset
Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
Good experience and knowledge about the medical emergency procedures and protocols used at National level
Context and cultural knowledge is an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Interested ? Please apply via : http://www.jobs.net/j/JburvXbt?idpartenaire=128