FFP (FOOD FOR PEACE) & HUMANITARIAN COORDINATOR
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is a global leader in a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. We currently work in over 90 countries and focus primarily on women and girls as the most disproportionately affected by poverty. In DRC particularly, the organization has strengthened its structure and strategy to assist the most vulnerable members of Congolese society to eradicate poverty and reduce their vulnerability to social injustice. Our target groups include poor and vulnerable women, adolescent girls and boys as well as displaced and returning populations. For more information on our work in DRC, check our website - http://www.care.org/country/democratic-republic-congo. This position is contingent upon funding approval.
CARE seeks a proactive and mission-led individual to take up the role of Food for Peace and Humanitarian Coordinator, to be based in Kinshasha, Democratic Republic of Congo, for its Food Security program and Humanitarian Response. S/he will provide effective leadership and strategic oversight for the Food Security (FFP funded) anticipated project that is to be implemented in the Lomami province (Kasai), and lead the growing humanitarian response in DRC. The Coordinator will ensure that the FFP project is successfully implemented and that all objectives are accomplished as per approved Annual Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs)The FFP Humanitarian Coordinator will work closely with the FFP Program Manager and project team (field based) to guarantee quality, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout the project duration. S/he will provide strategic oversight and technical guidance to resolve challenges in implementation of cross-sectional activities reflective of the program’s theory of change, logical framework, monitoring and evaluation, and relevant work plans and also provide oversight on all humanitarian projects in DRC, ensuring adherence to all donor and CARE rules and regulations for procurement, HR, etc.
The FFP Humanitarian Coordinator will support the development of humanitarian strategies (integrated the overall CARE DRC strategy) and lead the development of new opportunities through analysis of the humanitarian situation, assessment launching and proposal development. S/He will have an important role to play in active networking and building relationships with humanitarian donors and stakeholders. S/he will also play an active role in developing longer-term strategies with FFO and strengthen our food security program department.
- Oversee the FFP program in all aspects of the program cycle
- Ensure that program implementation occurs within expectations outlined in grant agreements reports changes anticipated and suggest course correction in a timely fashion
- Ensure assessments are executed and response strategy and plan developed based on the results
- Oversee project design and proposal preparations.
- Monitor the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting, and acquittal of emergency response activities in accordance with CARE International’s humanitarian accountability framework, relevant SPHERE standards, and essential environmental mitigation measures
- Take lead in the new design and development of FFP and Humanitarian projects
- Provide technical expertise in the development of an FSL strategy for the Country Office
- Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with the NGOs (local and international), donors, especially but not limited to USAID, so that CARE can maximize its impact on poverty and social justice and develop strategic partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Security/Agriculture or related field. Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of recent and progressively-challenging experience working in food security
- Prior management of USAID funded-programs
- Previous management experience on FFP projects
- Demonstrated leadership, management and interpersonal skills in a complex international setting
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements
- Experience working in similar conflict environments, participating in emergency-related activities and previous DRC experience strongly desired
- Experience in proposal development
- Extensive conceptual skills including development of program strategy
- Demonstrated experience in program design (including proposal development), implementation and evaluation
- Fluency in French and a working knowledge of English
- Must work well with teams
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU...
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.