Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
Talent Acquisition Department
The Global Talent Acquisition (TA) Department partners with CHAI's leadership and management teams to ensure that we attract and hire quality candidates to fulfill our human resources needs. Due to the continued success of our initiative we continue to grow exponentially. As a result, the TA Department plays a critical role to recruit and hire staff that will be a part of an organization proud of its culture and values. At CHAI, we work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our teams are respectful, collaborative, humble and thrive in an uncompromising culture of excellence.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the TA Department to support ongoing hiring needs across Africa, Asia and North America. Successful applicants will have a strong interest in global health and/or international development and a proven track record of in sourcing, screening and hiring top caliber professionals. Ideally this individual will have previous experience working & living in an international location.
The Recruiter will be part of a team whose mission is to support our global programs & country teams. S/he will partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, job profiles and strategies. The Recruiter will also be responsible for helping maintain team efficiency by contributing to special projects related to outreach strategy, systems building, and streamlining of processes.
This position is based in Vietnam with the ability to be based in another CHAI program-country in Asia with country leadership approval.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers
- Act as advisor to hiring managers to determine staffing needs and profiles for each open position
- Work with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team colleagues to identify best sourcing for each position
- Develop a pipeline of qualified candidates using diverse, cost-effective techniques
- Manage applicant information and status in applicant tracking database; ensure the highest integrity of data.
- Provide consistent communication to hiring teams and candidates on the position status, throughout the interviewing and hiring process.
- Identify and screen potential candidates to assess their abilities, and recommend qualified candidates based on phone interview and pre-employment assessment; proactively manage internal referrals
- Contribute to outreach strategy, systems development and refining recruitment programs, tools and processes
- Represent CHAI in recruiting events as necessary, present CHAI's mission, core approach and core programs at institutions both domestically and abroad.
- Collaborate with HR partners on onboarding, immigration, and related issues
- Communicate CHAI's compensation framework to candidates. Ensure realistic expectations are set with each candidate
- Extend both verbal and written job offers, negotiate offer terms with candidates. Collaborate with Global Human Resource Partners, Directors & Coordinators to ensure onboarding is streamlined
- Provide guidance on talent acquisition best practices & policies. Lead the incorporation of relevant policies at a local level & customize best practices to align with country context.
- Deliver Hiring Manager trainings which focus on recruitment tools & techniques, talent management & interview optimization in conjunction with local HR counterpart(s).
Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor
Bachelor's degree & a minimum of 2 years proven recruiting experience hiring for a wide range of positions
Expertise in creative sourcing and applicant development
Demonstrated experience conducting a diverse range interviews (behavioral, technical, etc.)
Strong written and oral communication skills
Prior experience developing assessment tools for Hiring Managers
Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as with a team
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure
Adept interpersonal skills; strength in developing and maintaining client-management relationships, particularly in a virtual capacity
Experience presenting to large audiences or other relevant public speaking experience preferred
- English fluency, verbal and written
- Prior experience living or working in a low or middle income country
- Experience recruiting internationally preferred