Senior Program Coordinator - Refugee Resettlement
Requisition ID: req1532
Job Title: Senior Program Coordinator - Refugee Resettlement
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for U.S. resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Over the years, IRC has processed some half million refugees worldwide for U.S. resettlement.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (IRC-RSC) assists persons throughout East Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. RSC prepares refugee applications for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the U.S.
The Senior Program Coordinator for the Resettlement Support Center oversees all programmatic aspects of refugee processing activities for IRC in Thailand and the region, excluding Malaysia.
Consult with and make recommendations to the DRSC on programmatic issues, particularly around pipeline management and planning.
Ensure that fiscal year processing targets for Thailand and the region, including prescreening and presentations to DHS/USCIS, are met.
- Oversee the Worldwide Refugee Access Processing System (WRAPS) functions of RSC in Thailand.
- Develop and monitor the department budget in coordination with direct reports and the DRSC.
Report to the DRSC in a timely and thorough way on all programmatic/staff problems, donor/government issues or any other information of concern to the IRC.
Key Partners & Donor Relations
Work closely with the DRSC to ensure programmatic and statistical information for RSC activities in Thailand and the region are provided to PRM, the Regional Refugee Coordinator and IRC senior management within the region and at HQ. This includes the preparation and review of both regular and ad hoc reports.
Maintain excellent strategic relationships with RSC program partners in Thailand and the region, including RMA, DHS, UNHCR and IOM. Represent the RSC at meetings with partner agencies.
Assist the DRSC with visitor management, including developing itineraries, briefing kits, scheduling and presentations.
Human Resource Management, Staff Development & Retention
Provide daily supervisory and management support to direct reports, including: Casework Coordinator, Case Processing Coordinator, Deputy Program Support Coordinator, and WRAPS Manager.
Identify training needs and recommend development opportunities for department.
- Review job descriptions to ensure positions are aligned with grant objectives and provide performance feedback on a timely and regular basis.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Act as a champion of and ensure staff adhere to The IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct and the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, RSC
Position Directly Supervises: Case Processing Coordinator, Casework Coordinator, Deputy Program Support Coordinator (Mae Sot), Special Communities Casework Manager and WRAPS Manager
Indirect Reporting: None
Other Internal/External contacts:
Internal: Malaysia Program Coordinators, CO Coordinator and IRC Thailand senior management
External: Regional Refugee Coordinator's office, PRM, DHS, IOM and UNHCR
Bachelors' Degree required, Masters' Degree in a related field is preferred
Minimum 3 years of progressive work experience in refugee processing and additional experience in refugee resettlement preferred. Minimum 3 years program management experience, including experience preparing budgets, external representation and managing a multi-cultural staff.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Familiarity with the US Refugee Admissions Program, preferably direct working experience
- Team player with proven ability to lead and motivate staff
- Previous financial management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners in a cross-cultural environment
- Solid organizational and program implementation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to manage and adapt to changing environment
- Client centered and service oriented mind/attitude
Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in a refugee language is beneficial.
Certificates or Licenses: None required.
Working Environment: The position is currently based in Bangkok in an urban office environment. The position does require both domestic and international travel to support delivery of USRAP processing within Thailand and throughout the region. A valid passport and the ability to acquire US and other visas, as necessary, is a requirement.
The employee is required to adhere to "The IRC Way" for professional conduct, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant IRC and donor policies and procedures while carrying out his/her duties.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bmF0YWxpZS5hcGNhci41NjYwNS4zODMwQGlyY2NkLm...