Deputy Chief of Party- Zambia
RTI International is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated 5-year USAID Zambia Evidence for Health activity. The objective of the activity is to strengthen the Government of Republic of Zambia (GRZ) national Health Management Information System (HMIS), improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners, and expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. This position is contingent upon award and funding.
· Support the Chief of Party in all technical, operation, implantation, coordination, and management aspects of the project and serves as second in command in the Chief of Party absence;
· Lead the public relations, communications of project information and results to the donor, the Government of Zambia, project partners, and stakeholders to allow for informed decision making and a country-led initiative;
· Under the leadership of the COP supervises all administrative and financial activities, and knowledge learning/sharing activities;
· Ensure proper administration of the project and facilitate operational or technical areas of responsibility as assigned.
· Provide technical and/or operational guidance and serve as a subject matter expert in assigned area or responsibility.
· Assist Chief of Party in managing all aspects of staffing and creating/maintaining a clear organizational structure with specific roles, responsibilities and reporting lines.
· Develop partnerships with client, implementers, and stakeholders and foster coordination.
· May coordinate and oversee the operation of other project offices.
· Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in assigned area of responsibility.
· Track and report quarterly on programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting. Produces technical and/or operational reports and updates for deliverable reporting and project success stories.
· Ensure the quality and consistency of the approach of the project objectives.
· Interact with various levels and locations of the organization for project management, technical and operational support to the project;
· May participate in business development activities including meetings with prospective clients. Identify strategic opportunities for function and works with business development to market these opportunities.
· Oversee all project activities in order to capture data on indicators and to identify best practices and lessons learned as required by the cooperative agreement with USAID;
· Responsible for Field Operations;
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of a Master’s degree in areas of Public Health, Information Sciences, Data Science or related areas.
· At least 9+ years of demonstrated experience managing operational, project management, and administrative duties for U.S. Government–funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in HMIS and research.
· Demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders.
· Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
· Proven team building and leadership skills.
· Previous working experience in Zambia and/or similar regions highly preferred.
· Excellent problem-solving, technical, managerial, and financial analysis skills and a focus on producing efficient, reliable, and cost-effective data solutions as an individual or as part of a team.
· Experience in program implementation, program coordination, and management, preferably
in health activities.
· Experience with health information systems including DHIS2, and other health information
· Demonstrated experience effectively working with senior and local government officials.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability in meeting deadlines while producing quality products.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To apply, please click the link below from RTI website located in the careers section: