PROGRAM OFFICER - TWO POSITIONS (GALGADUD & MUDUG REGIONS)
Working with the Emergency Program, the Program Officer (s) will be responsible for the overall implementation of the food security program activities in Galgadud/ Mudug regions -Gaklayo. They will ensure that program goals and objectives are met in a timely and effective manner. The program officer (s) will close work with the emergency program staff in Somalia/Somaliland.
Result 1: Implementation and planning of program activities
- Lead community mobilization, organize meetings with community committees and maintain regular communication with local authorities and beneficiaries.
- Participate in the identify and registration of cash transfer beneficiaries in line with CARE Somalia pre-defined targeting criteria.
- Monitor and update the program team on the changing trends including humanitarian situation, access, and usage of cash by beneficiaries.
- Ensure bi-weekly/monthly price monitoring is done and analysis of the same shared with the key staff
- Monitor the changing food situation and emerging humanitarian issues in the project areas.
- Actively contribute to rapid food security assessment in the project areas.
- Ensure beneficiary documents are up to update, collect quality photographs and other verification related documents.
- Work closely with local authorities, village committees and other program staff in ensuring proper targeting, timely disbursement of cash and utilization.
- Participate in the carryout post distribution which should be done after every cycle of disbursement.
- Maintain project visibility as required by the donor at all times.
Responsibility 2. Field Monitoring, reporting and accountability
- Develop monitoring plans and prepare monitoring reports periodically
- Undertake monitoring of implementation process and project impact
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and capture challenges, lesson learned and best practices.
- Compile project data and information and document for reference purposes
- Prepare case studies and success stories in the course of your work with the project.
- Ensure proper documentation in all project/program activities
Responsible 3. Coordination & information sharing
- Represent CARE in relevant community meetings at the location levels
- Closely coordinate with the local authorities and the line ministries in the implementation of project activities
- Share regular program related information and other updates concerning the project sector
Responsibility .4 Others
- Notify to the Senior Program Officer any discrepancy, serious incident or any urgent information which may need immediate consideration regarding day to day project activities
- Fulfill any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the organization.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Should have a Bachelor degree in social sciences, management or equivalents
- Have good computer skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in community development, food security and livelihoods programs
- Good experience in undertaking rapid assessments and report writing
- Ability to create and maintain a working environment that will promote value and respect diversity in the implementation process.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizing, communication skills
- Good understanding of gender/protection issues and rights based approaches
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain their message
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines yet effectively coordinate program activities with other CARE projects being implemented
- Ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languagesKey Relationship /contacts
The program officer will work in close collaboration with CARE Senior Program Manager, Project Manager and other staff) consultants, the Cluster members and Working Group members, Local Authorities and line ministries and Community leaders.
The Program Officer will report directly to the Senior Program Officer but this position will not supervise any staff.
This position is based in Galkacyo with frequent travel to project sites throughout the project regions in Galmudug.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to SOMRecruitment@care.org by May 1st 2018 Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse