A WASH SECTOR GROUP / CLUSTER COORDINATOR - BANGLADESH
Country: Bangladesh – Cox’s Bazar
Length of contract: 12 months starting from the 6th May
The position: You first and foremost represent the sector and coordinate amongst more than 50 organizations. You will work together with the co-lead of Unicef and the under the lead of DPHE (government). The WASH sector team consist out of 5-6 persons and the office is based in the DPHE building.
Under the supervision of ACF Country Director, you will provide leadership and facilitate the processes that will ensure a well-coordinated, strategic, adequate, coherent, and effective response by participants at District level for WASH Sector within the Inter-Sector Coordination Group (ISCG) as well as District Focal Agency at Cox’s bazar to lead WASH Sector/cluster. This position will stay very closely with FOD to ensure better coordination has been done with several external agencies and ensure positive image of Action Against Hunger (ACF):
- On behalf of the ISCG/ WaSH Sector and in collaboration with the DPHE and other partners, the sector coordinator WASH (Action Against Hunger) needs to provide leadership and facilitate the processes that will ensure a well-coordinated, coherent, strategic, and effective WaSH response in a close guidance with FOD:
• Maintain updated contact information of all/most relevant humanitarian WASH partners
• Establish and maintain an appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanism;
• Strengthen pre-existing sectoral coordination through increased predictability and accountability;
• Build complementarity of partner actions: avoiding duplication and gaps;
• Ensure adequate resources are mobilized and are equitably allocated for the effective functioning of the cluster and its response;
• Effective and comprehensive integration of relevant cross-cutting issues, including age, gender and environment;
• Maintain flexibility within the sector/cluster to respond to changes in the operating environment, evolving requirements, capacities and participation;
• Interact with other sector/clusters (including through inter-sector/cluster coordination fora), humanitarian actors, government counterparts, donors and relevant authorities for operational planning, engagement and active contribution of operational partners; • Monitor performance of the core cluster functions within sectoral coordination system.
2.Ensure Core cluster functions in sectoral coordination mechanism system in collaboration with UNICEF and ISCG
Supporting service delivery
• Provide a platform to ensure that service delivery is driven by the agreed strategic priorities
• Develop mechanisms to eliminate duplication of service delivery
• Assess and analyse gap (across other sectors and within the sector)
• Analyse to identify and address (emerging) gaps, obstacles, duplication, and cross-cutting issues.
• Prioritization, grounded in response analysis
Planning and strategy development
• Develop sectoral plans, objectives and indicators directly support realization of the RC/HCT/HoSo/SEG strategic priorities
• Clarify funding requirements, prioritization, and cluster contributions to RC’s overall humanitarian funding considerations
• Undertake advocacy activities on behalf of sector participants and the affected population
• Monitor and report the implementation of the cluster strategy and results; recommend corrective action where necessary
The applicant:You hold a Master Degree WASH-related technical training with a solid experience in WASH activities and at least 5 years as WASH Coordinator in humanitarian context.
You have a solid experience in representation and liaison with different partners (local authorities, UN agencies, INGO/NGO).
Recognized for your networking skills, you have excellent communication skills. You have the ability to identify, analyse humanitarian needs and provide potential solutions.
Good knowledge in proposal development process is a great asset.
You are recognize for your excellent oral and written capacities in English
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
To apply, please visit our website: http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/3357/A-WASH-Sec...