Security Information Analyst NGO Forum - South Sudan
TERMS OF REFERENCE: SECURITY INFORMATION ANALYST
Job title: Security Information Analyst.
Position type: international staff – consultant.
Location: NGO Forum Secretariat Staff, Juba, South Sudan.
Reporting to: NGO Forum Security Focal Point.
(1) Stay well informed with political, security, humanitarian and economic developments in South Sudan, as well as the broader region.
(2) Liaise and share information with NGO security officers, UN, donors, diplomatic corps, private sector and any other relevant external stakeholders observing good information sharing practices.
(3) Monitor security management and humanitarian-related research and publications.
- Information collection and management.
(1) Manage an incidents database as a high priority in order to produce regular security reports, document and analyse trends.
(2) Produce and disseminate Daily Updates, Weekly Security Reports and briefs, ad hoc analyses and monthly and annual trend analyses.
(3) Seek source confirmation and/or corroboration before publishing incidents.
(4) In conjunction with the Secretariat Information Manager collect and manage data for NGO mapping products and key contacts information.
(5) Maintain a security resource database of security manuals, and other practical tools and documents accessible to NGO Forum members.
Be prepared to provide 24/7 security assistance to NGO Forum members.
Support the facilitation of Security meetings, briefings or workshops as necessary and ensure information is disseminated to relevant stakeholders.
Support the SFP / DSFP to represent the NGO Forum at meetings with the UN, donors, diplomatic corps, private sector and any other relevant external stakeholders.
Be prepared to travel to field locations as and when required.
Be prepared to conduct other tasks as and when required by the SFP or Director NGO Forum Secretariat.
Requisite qualifications / skills:
Master’s in conflict studies, risk or international relations preferred.
Experience of working with NGOs, experience in insecure / post-conflict contexts preferred, or equivalent experience, including the UN, DPKO missions, diplomatic community, donors, national governments and others.
Experience of South Sudan desirable.
Flexible and able to multi-task and improvise.
Strong ability to work within a diverse team as well to follow projects independently. Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills.
Excellent written and spoken English skills required, including demonstrated ability in writing briefing papers and other information products.
Able to read, digest and accurately analyse large amounts of information, provide succinct summaries and explain the significance of that information.
Able to recognise and respect confidentiality.
Excellent computer literacy.
Please note: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.