Grant & Fundraising Manager
Pass the Crayon (PTC) is a non-profit in Berlin which organise art workshops for refugee and underprivileged kids. We believe in the benefit of non-formal educational programs that are based on stimulating children's creativity and developing their self-confidence and self-esteem. As an organisation, we strive to connect artists and youth. We hold creative workshops twice a week in refugee reception centres in Berlin-Spandau and Pankow, and as of recently, a third irregular workshop in an art studio in Wedding. This year we seek to expand the scope of our programs in order to support more kids from different backgrounds.
As our Grant and Fundraising Manager, you will be at the heart of PTC's adventure and help us continue to grow and empower more kids by developing a grant and funding strategy.
The position is unpaid until we secure the funding for it. The current funding only covers the costs of the workshops, and the team has so far worked on an in-kind basis. In a nutshell, we will work together to secure funding to make yours (and ours) paid full-time positions.
Remuneration: Unpaid / Voluntary work
Duration: 6 months minimum
Type of contract: Full-time or Part-time
· Research, identify, and respond to public and private new grant opportunities
· Coordinate the proposal development process and write and submit timely, polished and professional proposals and reports (in German and English)
· Keep careful and transparent records of submitted proposals
· Edit final grant expenditure report
· Provide support developing and executing the organization’s Business Plan
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communication, journalism, marketing or any other relevant field
· 2+ years’ proposal writing and/or editing experience
· Demonstrated success writing grant proposals targeting philanthropic organizations and foundations, and local and state agencies
· Demonstrated ability to connect with funders, including local, regional, and national foundations, public funders, corporations, and individual donors
· Experience working in the non-profit sector is a plus
· Strong organizational skills and a mind-set for accuracy and punctuality
· Affinity for numbers. You are no stranger to a spreadsheet
· Creative, ability to think out of box, divergent thinker, strategic thinking
· A team player with a lot of personal drive and initiative
· Experience working with Excel, Google Drive
· Fluency in English and German (in speech and written) is essential
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours & home office time
· You will have a lot of independence and help shape the future of the organization as an integral part
· Coworking space shared with other social organizations at the Migration Hub Network
· Work in a young growing NGO where your contribution matters
· Artistic field
· The possibility to bring your own ideas
· Work in a small and open-minded team
· Possibility to take part in PTC creative & artistic workshops
Pass the Crayon seeks to address inclusion through art and creativity. We are a diversity employer, and are always looking forward to welcoming new members regardless of their ethnicity, citizenship status, or national background; gender presentation or gender identity; sexual orientation or sexual identity; ability; age; or marital and parental status.
We are looking forward to receive your application!
If you are interested, send us an email with your CV and cover letter here: email@example.com