Position Title: Finance Controller
Responsible to: Finance Director
Functional reporting of: Field finance staff, Head Office administration
Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international non-governmental relief and development organisation which works to help the vulnerable through humanitarian relief aid, development assistance, the linking of relief, rehabilitation and development and through supporting communities’ capacities to organise and assist themselves.
Mission East has field operations in Afghanistan, Armenia, Iraq, Nepal and Tajikistan and home offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Brussels.
More information on Mission East and its work can be found at: www.miseast.org.
Provides high-quality finance management of the organisation, this includes; preparations of Budgets, Reports, Accounts, and improvement of finance systems and processes.
Key tasks and responsibilities
A. Field accounting:
• Control the quality of the monthly accounts for each programme
• Responsible for ensuring accurate data mapping between field accounting and head office accounting systems.
• Responsible for ensuring the application of Mission East’s financial policies and procedures across field locations, including during visits as required.
• Ensure that all donor financial reporting requirements are complied with and that project reports are submitted in a timely manner.
• Ensure that donor reports reconcile to Mission East accounts.
• Provide support to each country finance teams, including regular travels to the field as required
• Together with the field finance teams, develop country and project budgets.
B. HQ accounting
• Provide ongoing support to Finance Director with Head Office Accounting, including monthly and yearly accounting closure and with the preparation of financial reports to the board of ME, MED and AM
• Responsible to prepare all needed documents for HQ financial Audits
• Support Finance Director in the development and implementation of head office accounting systems and manuals.
• In charge of the cash and bank payments of the Brussels office
Necessary Competencies / Experience
• Qualified accountant (CA / CIMA or recognised equivalent) with at least two years post qualification and proven financial management experience
• Experience of NGO accounting and grant reporting is considered an advantage.
• Good personnel management skills, with the ability to lead a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work with distance management.
• Analytical and strategic planning skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Ability to present information and concepts clearly, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in English, spoken and written required.
• Advanced skills with MS Excel. Proficiency with MS Word. Experience in using Quickbooks or equivalent systems and use of MS Access databases is an advantage.
• Administrative experience with knowledge of establishing and maintaining office systems.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
Commitment to the vision and values of Mission East.
Interested individuals should visit www.miseast.org/apply to register their interest and submit the following by 04/04/2018.
Candidate's resume accompanied by a Cover Letter (mandatory!), applications that are incomplete won't be considered.
Mission East may decide to process application before the deadline, therefore interested candidates should submit their applications asap.